ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 1 - Match/discussion thread

At least now we will start getting some bonus point wins. Levi starts it off and I see a bunch of guys following him

Yea, but his Will Lewan schtick is getting old!
I feel like his defense is elite; he's such a good counter wrestler- he's been scouted to death that coaches know that's what he's looking for-- he's not normally gonna generate offense, but he can... fun to watch, but not good for the ticker, but damn survive and advance...

Kasak will see Drew Roberts from Minnesota next. If he wins he will get the loser of Fernandez from Cornell or Swiderski from Iowa State

Reactions: mcpat
A bit of hyperbole perhaps, but you have to give some credit to the Virginia guy, he wrestled well.

I suspect his coaches came up with a nice gameplan based on the video of the some of the others guys that had success against Aaron.

Despite all the negativity over that match, still hopeful Nagao can put together a nice run on the back and/or score some bonus.

I’m interested in this Joey Blaze vs Franek match. Blaze has had some big wins this year. Franek beat him at Big 10’s I believe but Blaze is good

Aaron - wasn't in the match.. hats off to the Va guy. Beau - let it be close and bad things can happen (unlucky). Tyler - had it... was a good Abas ankle pick to get that td. POs me that if Abas was winning in the 1st period he would have been hit with a stall... tyler stalked the entire time. But there you go again - bad luck - going OB or not breaking the grip around his leg - bet he wishes he had that to do over again...

We may never know what injury Nagao had over the summer that was to threaten this whole season, but he has not looked like the guy that threatened RBY last year. Maybe it's weight cut or a lingering injury but he has not impressed much of the year. Maybe we see a different guy next year but this kind of performance was a shocker.
This was my concerned when he wrestled Fix last year when I said Nagao got DOMINATED. But some had to refute my concern. But whatever...

Reactions: ikS
Peyton Kellar from Ohio University (who I wrestled for) has had a great year. Win the MAC and only has 2 losses on the year. Not great competition but good enough to get the 7 seed. Winning by 1 with a minute left

Chittum getting hammered. Didn’t see that coming. 13-4 with :30 to go. Ends 17-6! Wow

Aaron - wasn't in the match.. hats off to the Va guy. Beau - let it be close and bad things can happen (unlucky). Tyler - had it... was a good Abas ankle pick to get that td. POs me that if Abas was winning in the 1st period he would have been hit with a stall... tyler stalked the entire time. But there you go again - bad luck - going OB or not breaking the grip around his leg - bet he wishes he had that to do over again...
He should have let him go immediately. Wasted a ton of time on top doing nothing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT