ADVERTISEMENT

2024 U20 Worlds - September 2-8

Looks like Ryder and Duke could be up relatively close to the same time (6 matches)

Any interesting matches to watch before then @zzs006 ?
Karampour is up on mat 3 right now. He’s tough and could meet Duke in the finals

Bolatuly is in the hole on mat 3 as well. From KAZ. He should wrestle Baitukaev in the quarterfinals with the winner getting Duke (hopefully)

I’m also interested in the match up now on 3 between Japan and India. I never know about Japan. Barely any of their guys have results I can find but they almost always have a few guys who show out

Last edited:
Sakybaev vs Liecht in the hole on mat 3. Winner will get Duke next round

Baitukaev in the hole on mat 1

Bolatuly with a quick 10-0 tech

Sakybaev up now on mat C. Most likely Dukes 2nd round opponent

Reactions: danoftw
Ryder up now on mat C. Let’s go!!

Ryder in red going against China. Casey in the corner.

Beautiful double from space for 2 and then a gut. 4-0 Ryder

Quick little outside step into a duck for another Td. 6-0

One more Td into a lace and that’s it! 10-0 tech in the first period

Baitukaev with a pair of Rudis' on! Looks like they've made their way to Europe. Awesome for them.

Reactions: zzs006
Baitukaev with a pair of Rudis' on! Looks like they've made their way to Europe. Awesome for them.
He looks so uninterested out there. He’s really good but just such a different style from what we are used to here in the US

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
He looks so uninterested out there. He’s really good but just such a different style from what we are used to here in the US
Right. He doesn't even look "good" - but Duke is going to end up in some crazy situations with him.

Pilanagoila vs Alaidar on mat C. Winner could see Bassett in the quarters

Bassett up now on mat B!

Bassett in red against UKR. Papa Bassett in the corner

Bassett with his usual aggressive hard hand fighting style. Step out Bo 1-0. Counter by UKR for 2 but Bo comes out on top for 1. 2-2. Another scramble off a Bassett shot scored 4-2 for Bo I believe. 6-4 but UKR is challenging. Bassett getting in but getting exposed off his shots. I guess it was scored 4-0 for Bo. After challenge it was scored 4-2 so the score is 6-4

Bassett goes front head but as he’s running around UKR reaches back and exposes Bo for 2. 6-6 criteria for UKR at the break. Bo looking a bit sloppy. All counter points for UKR

Another challenge coming out of the break I guess. I’m not sure by who or what for though. UKR challenged something but lost so Bo is up 7-6 at the start of the second period

Bo gets in and UKR goes chest wrap. Scramble and Bo gets exposed again for 2, 8-7 UKR. Bo finally converts a leg attack and goes up 9-8. UKR is getting tired. Really slow back to center. Bo I’m on a shot. Crack down position and he scores another Td. 11-8

Bo with a go behind. 13-8. Kid is breaking. Taking him longer and longer to get back to center. Bo with a cradle for 2 and another turn and that’s the match! 19-8.

Weird ****ing match. Bo looked sloppy but his pace is such a weapon

Last edited:
sheesh. We clearly don't have the olympic review committee. Be prepared for some long reviews these next 3 days gentlemen!

• Sad
Bo Bassett doing Bo Basset things. Just breaks the Ukrainian.

19-8 Tech after giving up exposure on 4 different shots of his own.

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
Bo Bassett doing Bo Basset things. Just breaks the Ukrainian.

19-8 Tech after giving up exposure on 4 different shots of his own.
I actually think Bo's current skillset translates better to folk than free. In freestyle he needs to clean up his finishes and body awareness to avoid cheap exposures. His pace is definitely an asset, though.

Duke up now on mat C against Sakybaev

Duke in blue

Duke is so strong especially for a hs kid. Gets 1 on a step out. 1-0

Sakybaev keeps going hard right side underhook and it’s slowing PJ down a bit. Duke gets to his underhook and drives KGZ out for 1. 2-0 at the break

KD and J’Den in the corner

Duke with a huge 4. Ran behind a shot and went feet to back. KGZ challenging but it’s a bad challenge I think. Clearly a 4 from my view. I guess not. They only give 2 so it’s 4-0 Duke

Now Duke gets a 4!!! Massive throw. He goes single to seat belt and lifts and throws. Absolutely beautiful. Then right into a turn and it’s a 10-0 tech!! My lord!! I love this kid

Last edited:
Duke up 2-0 at the break. KGZ able to slow him down a bit with an underhook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT