ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championships Session 4 Thread

149 B1G Championship
Zain vs. Brandon Sorensen

both are undefeated ... should be fun

Per 1:
Sorensen reaches, nothing. Nothing thru 1 min. Zain reaches, nothing. 1:30, nothing. Zain shoots, BS sprawls, nothing. 1 min left. Zain with a single and bets the TD, 2-0. OOB with 40 sec. Blood time for BS.BS up, but they are OOB with 14 sec. BS up and taken back down. Spiral ride by Zain. End. RT at 42 sec for Zain

Per 2:
BS defers, Zain takes down. He's up and out in 4 sec, 3-0. Must have been a tad longer, as RT is down to 36 sec. Zain in on a leg, but BS sprawled, nothing. 30 sec left. End
RT at 36 sec for Zain

Per 3:
Sorensen takes down. RT is going up. Stalemate at 1:37, with RT at 59 sec. RT now over 1. Zain throws in the boots. Stall warning on Sorensen, as he's flat and not doing a thing. RT now over 2 min. Under 30 sec left. A rideout. With RT, it's a 4-0 victory for Zain.

He finishes 1st.

Zain wins. Rode the whole third period. I give credit to the Iowa guy. He didn't wilt like others have.

Then again... Sorensen covered up the entire 3rd period to not get turned. Wasn't looking to score. Looking merely not to get turned like so many before him.

Sorensen laid on his stomach for almost the entirety of the 3rd period. I don't know how you give credit to that??

team title clinched.....got the one for the thumb boys! Best team and best fans!

"Match is a match. I love to compete." Zain on interview after the match.

I said this before, but Sorenson will not score on Zain. He won't come close. He can play defense the entire time because that's all he has against Zain. 4-0 or a fall, it won't matter. He won't be any closer to scoring on Zain than he was today.

Ridiculous, one stall call on Sorenson despite not making a single shot or attempting anything in 4 and a half minutes of neutral wrestling and then doing nothing but crawling around on his belly like a flounder out of water while being ridden for the other 2 and half minutes..... And Iowa wonders why they haven't threatened anyone for championships for going on 6 years -- you saw the biggest why right there on the mat with Sorenson, Iowa calls that bull$hit display "awesome wrestling" because he held Z-Pain to a 4-0 victory, wooooohoooooo! Ridiculous, the way Sorenson choose to wrestle when given a chance to win a b1g "Championship" - sad really.

Reactions: chrisrn1965
Zain doesn't waste a single second of a match. Relentless pressure. He could wrestle 30 mins straight like that. Sorensen is a great wrestler but Zain is a step ahead. Reminds me of Metcalf. Congrats to Zain and PSU on the BIG10 Championship. Cheers!!

BS - Coach giving IMar rest. That call was obvious to everybody. IMar backing out.

Wow what a match. That's why I love wrestling. Martinez and Nolf are the future of USA wrestling.!

Reactions: LHavenlion
157 B1G Championship
Nolf vs. IMar (Isaiah Martinez)

Nolf is undefeated. IMar has 1 defeat in 2 years -- to Nolf in the PSU - Illini dual earlier this season.

Per 1:
Nolf with an early shot, nothing. Nolf with another shot, nothing. IMar trying underhooks, and pulling down on Nolf's head. Nolf in on a leg, IMar sprawls and uses a whizzer, nothing. 1 min left. 30 sec left. NOlf in on a leg, Nolf with a sprawl and whizzer. Period ends with nothing

Per 2:
IMar takes down. Nolf working a bar and nelson, IMar tries a roll and Nolf stays with him. Nolf throws in the boot. IMar out at 1:10, so RT at 50 sec, and 0-1 score. OOB at 58 sec. Stall warning on IMar for staying on the edge and backing off. Perry wants a discussion. They're back wrestling. 30 sec left. IMar shoots, nothing. Nolf in on a leg, IMar rolls thru, and the period ends.

Per 3:
Nolf takes down. Nolf out in 4 sec, 1-1. Nolf with a headlock and tries an inside trip, nothing. Stalemate at 1:10. Imar in, but Nolf with a whizzer. IMar has gotten active. Nolf in on the legs, IMar grabs an ankle, they scramble, and a stalemate at 24 sec. Nolf nearly had that. IMar in on a leg, Nolf iwth a whizzer, and the period ends. OT

SV
Nolf shoot off the whistle, nothing. Blood time on one of them (not sure which one). 43 sec left, and they restart. End

TB-1:
IMar takes down. He's out in 2 sec. Nolf didn't seem ready for the start. Referee discussion. Restart at 12 sec. End

TB-2:
OOB with 23 sec left. Nolf up, standing roll, and they're OOB iwth 13 sec. Nofl out with 8 sec.

TB -3:
Nolf shoots, nothing. Stalemate at 44 sec. IMar reaches, nothing. IMar in on a leg, Nolf trying to lock on the crotch, then switches to an ankle. End

RTB #2
Nolf down, up and and a roll and escape. Then a TD by IMar. OOB with 9 sec. Going to video review. TD is overturned on review. Big for Nolf. 9 sec left. End

RTB #2
IMar down. IMar up and taken back down, and he gets an esc, 3-3. IMar has RT advantage, so Nolf needs a TD. 15 sec left. End

Crazy match, but IMar wins it.

Nolf finishes 2nd

Yeah, I thought it was taken down too. I give Imar credit he wrestled a really good match.

That loss will piss Nolf off and he'll be on a mission at NCAA's...gotta admit tho, I thought he may be able to go undefeated throughout his NCAA career...I know it's early but I thought he had a legitimate shot...

You're right he did hang onto the undercooks. It's Nolf's job to get out of it an make him wrestle. Jason didn't wrestle his kind of match and needed to put more pressure on Imar.

I Mar paced himself in the first period. Nolf will figure him out in NCAA. Had a couple good shots but I Mar hung on the foot

IMAR dug deep and clearly had plenty of gas in the tank at the end. Give him credit. Nolf and Imar are the best in the business. That match was worth the price of admission

Saw that one coming from a mile away - I-Mar slowed the offensive action down in neutral to nothing. The official let him just stand there with with a single or double-hook in doing a whole lot of absolutely nothing. I-Mar burnt significant amount of neutral wrestling doing nothing but standing there with a front-headlock, under-hook or double-underhook. Shame that collegiate wrestling rewards this type of strategy because it really is not supposed to be rewarded - wrestling is supposed to be about "chain offensive wrestling" and attempting to improve at all times. Rewarding "defensive wrestling" as a strategy to win is not good for collegiate folkstyle wrestling.

Nolf will game plan different for ncaa...I like him to win. Better to lose here and get refocused for ncaa's.

what a great match! Imar may have rop a doped us fans. His tank was just fine today.

No offense to Gantt and Miller but the 2 best guys are in the B10.

Do they erase all the riding time that occurs during regulation once they go into OT. Nolf had over 40 seconds of riding time in regulation that didn't count in the OT unless I'm mistaken.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT