ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan match thread - Fri, Jan 19

I distinctly heard Cael say "if he goes on Friday" and presumed he was referencing Kasak, but with this new news, perhaps he was referencing Gomez. It's unimaginable that Kasak wouldn't go against Gomez unless he was injured or something and there's been no chit-chat about that, so perhaps Cael knew that Gomez was in Mexico for the weekend. And I agree that this would make the dual even less competitive. I don't know about Davis/DeAugustino yet, but hope it's extremely competitive, if not a Davis win.

I wrestled 103 in high school and talked my friend into wrestling he was about 180 we wrestled together all the time since he was new and we both got better he ended up being pretty good for wrestling just 1 yr!

Waiting for backdrft76's response
Tired Work GIF by Offline Granny!

Re watched this match this morning. Davis has the Nick Lee intensity (maybe a tiny bit more 😲 ) plus some Gilman swagger. Being a four time state champ with four team titles is a thing when comes to confidence and being a killer. He faces a real challenge today but I think he sets the pace and drags DeAugustino into deep waters. If Gomez doesn't show. A shutout is in the works.
Every time I see a picture of Braden Davis I cannot believe we’re sending 14-year-olds out there to wrestle college kids

Waiting for backdrft76's response
Tired Work GIF by Offline Granny!
I knew it was gonna happen. I think this makes the 7th thread.

giphy.gif

Edit - Mods swoop in with a stealthy merge. Are these guys great or what??
Hats off to @CSauertiegPSU, @Richard Schnyderite, and our other Staff members who do a great job cleaning this place up. Thanks fellas! 😀👍🏻👏🏼

Last edited:
Official predictions:

Davis: will press him down
Nagao: will press down, go for the gusto but ultimately not achieve it
Bartlett: will shoot the leg and achieve gusto
Kasak: will have a mat return but not get credit for a takedown but still press down
Haines: will press down with midsection in tow
Mesenbrink: will shoot the leg multiple times, go for the gusto and get the gusto
Starocci: gusto
Truax: will shoot the leg with the ankle in tow
Brooks: gusto
Kerkvleit: will shoot the leg two times and then press down, no gusto but very close to gusto

This is going to be a great dual. There will likely be some unexpected results, let's get through the whole weekend healthy.

We have all been around long enough to know that for our three freshmen in particular it's a win-win situation.

If any of them win, it's a pretty formal statement to the rest of the wrestling world, that 'he has arrived' and is firmly in the AA conversation, or better (PS - we already all think that for all three 👍). If any of them lose, well we have seen that movie before, and what an early career loss tends to do for PSU stud freshmen.

Good times.

Reactions: backdrft76
I knew it was gonna happen. I think this makes the 7th thread.

giphy.gif

Edit - Mods swoop in with a stealthy merge. Are these guys great or what??
Hats off to @CSauertiegPSU, @Richard Schnyderite, and our other Staff members who do a great job cleaning this place up. Thanks fellas! 😀👍🏻👏🏼
Ha, I have a sneaking suspicion one of those guys is the one paying attention and cleaning up after the other.

I distinctly heard Cael say "if he goes on Friday" and presumed he was referencing Kasak, but with this new news, perhaps he was referencing Gomez. It's unimaginable that Kasak wouldn't go against Gomez unless he was injured or something and there's been no chit-chat about that, so perhaps Cael knew that Gomez was in Mexico for the weekend. And I agree that this would make the dual even less competitive. I don't know about Davis/DeAugustino yet, but hope it's extremely competitive, if not a Davis win.
If only Cael had an inside source on the Mexico national team.

RBY.jpg

Official predictions:

Kasak: will have a mat return but not get credit for a takedown but still press down
Mesenbrink: will shoot the leg multiple times, go for the gusto and get the gusto
Kerkvleit: will shoot the leg two times and then press down, no gusto but very close to gusto
No football tackles? I think tonight we get Sparks and Gibbons though.

Official predictions:

at some point, I'll bet, both wrestlers will grab a leg and press down but neither will be going for the gusto, so the ref will call a break.

No football tackles?
Official predictions:

We are fortunate to have Davis at Penn State. His hometown is only about 20 miles from Ann Arbor.

Official predictions:

Will anyone have a dayview tonight?

• Haha
Reactions: CholleyVandine
This is going to be a great dual. There will likely be some unexpected results, let's get through the whole weekend healthy.

We have all been around long enough to know that for our three freshmen in particular it's a win-win situation.

If any of them win, it's a pretty formal statement to the rest of the wrestling world, that 'he has arrived' and is firmly in the AA conversation, or better (PS - we already all think that for all three 👍). If any of them lose, well we have seen that movie before, and what an early career loss tends to do for PSU stud freshmen.

Good times.
Mark Hall

Official predictions:

we'll have mich announcers, I assume. You're right, ours didn't know the name of any moves.... I think she used a gymnastic hip move reference once.... Ironhead I will find you :)

Reactions: RB-Old
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT