ADVERTISEMENT

Next up Ohio State: most intriguing matchup…

Exactly. After 125, you guys should go 9-0. Van Ness over Sasso, I’m calling it now. Book it! Did I do that right?
You need to predict a major somewhere in the lineup as well. Also, throw in one of these.

i-guarantee-it.gif

Reactions: danoftw
Exactly. After 125, you guys should go 9-0. Van Ness over Sasso, I’m calling it now. Book it! Did I do that right?
Now you're getting it!

Realistically though, tOSU is pretty tough! I have it 22-10 PSU but there are enough toss-ups to make it potentially uncomfortable.

Kerk has put up 4 against Orndorff all three times they've wrestled.

I'm guessing that will be the only bonus point match unless Haines takes down Paddy early and gets his leg Turk going.

Last edited:
Kerk has put up 4 against Orndorff all three times they've wrestled.

I'm guessing that will be the only bonus point match unless Haines takes down Paddy early and gets his leg Turk going.
Brooks got the major against Romero in their only previous meeting at NCAA's last year.

Brooks got the major against Romero in their only previous meeting at NCAA's last year.

Yeah, but that was NCAAs.

Carter also put up 10 against Hayden Hidlay at NCAAs, but had to win on RT against Nelson Brands.

Yeah, but that was NCAAs.

Carter also put up 10 against Hayden Hidlay at NCAAs, but had to win on RT against Nelson Brands.
And your point is? Brooks majored him in their only prior and then you compare him to another wrestler while bringing up 2 totally different scenarios. HH was at least trying to win while Brands was wrestling to not give up bonus points. I have the sense that AB is wrestling a bit meaner since the loss to Coleman and a mean AB can major everyone in the weight class if he wants to.

And your point is? Brooks majored him in their only prior and then you compare him to another wrestler while bringing up 2 totally different scenarios. HH was at least trying to win while Brands was wrestling to not give up bonus points. I have the sense that AB is wrestling a bit meaner since the loss to Coleman and a mean AB can major everyone in the weight class if he wants to.

That Penn State optimizes their athletes' training to put them at their very best in the post-season.

Reactions: creamery freak
That Penn State optimizes their athletes' training to put them at their very best in the post-season.
So, he can't major him because it is not the post season? I am not saying he is going to, but he is more than capable as he has done it before in their only previous meeting.

I said you guys were going to win 9 out of 10. Why would I bet against Dean?
Because you chose to satirize my comment about 197 not being a toss up, but now you’re spouting off about choosing Dean. Can’t have it both ways, sir.

If both hoffman and dean show up to wrestle i think it will be very close, Until the middle weights show they can score against quality opponents not picking them.

Reactions: ccdiver
I'm a bit tired of listening to Shane Sparks/Jim Gibbons. Their commentary is too predictable. I did enjoy Rock Harrison's commentary of the Virginia Tech-Pitt dual last Friday on ESPN networks, but I realize he's an ACC guy and not likely to ever work one of the PSU duals, which is unfortunate.

I'm a bit tired of listening to Shane Sparks/Jim Gibbons. Their commentary is too predictable. I did enjoy Rock Harrison's commentary of the Virginia Tech-Pitt dual last Friday on ESPN networks, but I realize he's an ACC guy and not likely to ever work one of the PSU duals, which is unfortunate.
So bring up JB on the radio station website (Or Lionvision if it happens to work) and synch them up. I always do this.

Sparks is pretty good IMO, and Gibbons is tolerable most of the time. Gibbons struggles when there isn't much action in a bout, which compels him to spew out 30-second ramblings without saying much of anything. But when there is action in a bout, Gibbons is actually pretty good.

That said, Gibbons and Tim Johnson are a rather lousy team and need to be separated. Thankfully, BTN seems to have figured that out.

I know we cant expect jmadden to move to State College, but ...
If he would take some correspondence courses from Penn State, would that change anything?

• Haha
Reactions: jmadden1998
Their place, and the drilling regimen is in the train hard stage. Heaven only knows what we'll get tonight, the best is still about a month plus two weeks away.

On paper, it's a pretty handy win, but matches are wrestled for a reason. Tbh, I'm looking forward most to all four of our freshmen, looking for continued improvement.

Their place, and the drilling regimen is in the train hard stage. Heaven only knows what we'll get tonight, the best is still about a month plus two weeks away.

On paper, it's a pretty handy win, but matches are wrestled for a reason. Tbh, I'm looking forward most to all four of our freshmen, looking for continued improvement.
The only train running in Columbus tonight will be the long black one, shuttling the Buckeyes out.

Hopefully the bus ride isn’t too bad, and the officials ….

Reactions: ccdiver
I just heard RBY say freestyle is next for him (B1G Wrestling & Beyond). I was wondering if he’d go straight to MMA. Guess not. Good for us!
That is awesome news!! After watching the documentary showing his success in freestyle when he was young, I really hoped he would pursue it. But it seems most of the publicity centers on MMA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT