ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Indiana Game Thread

A very frustrating first half.. PSU can switch out OC's like deck chairs on the Titanic, but it all ends the same.

Reactions: WestSideLion
Strange ending to half

No idea what we were going for there. I'm guessing we thought we might have a chance to hit a deep ball, big run called back for a hold, bigger run made a short 3rd down. Maybe Yurcich wanted to go, JF called it off?

Strange half…feels like it should be 28-0. D is playing lights out, and love that they’re running the ball MUCH better. Would like to see Clifford play a little more consistently in the 2nd half…see them pull away.

Then don’t ask the question. Clearly you’re in your normal mode already. My mistake in responding

Huh, what? Your answer has ZERO to do with the question. The penalty was not called on Scruggs. The rule requirement for TE to change his position from a traditional TE into a Running Back (which is what a Flanker / H-Back is in that formation) is that he must line-up at least 1-yard off the LOS - rule says nothing about spacing relative to Tackle.

Weird half. Defense looks really stout. Offense seems like it can't quite get into a rhythm. Oh well, up 14 and get the ball to start the 2nd half.
Offense needs help but is not self destructive like last year. Clifford’s only mistake was nullified by the D, fortunately.

Reactions: Madsol
Huh, what? Your answer has ZERO to do with the question. The penalty was not called on Scruggs. The rule requirement for TE to change his position from a traditional TE into a Running Back (which is what a Flanker / H-Back is in that formation) is that he must line-up at least 1-yard off the LOS - rule says nothing about spacing relative to Tackle.
Does it really matter? We scored anyway.

Reactions: ftlpsu
No kidding it wasn’t called on Scruggs. The point is he was as deep as Strange. Either way there is a penalty there because one can’t be in the backfield and a guy lined up just as deep be on the line.

Clifford is quickly regressing to his old self and just in time for the meat of the schedule. Oh joy.
I don’t know if I’d say he’s regressing. He’s clearly having an off night compared to earlier games.

They really need to drill into his head to get his feet set when he throws. He falls into the bad habit of throwing off balance or off his back foot too much.

Last edited:
Clifford is quickly regressing to his old self and just in time for the meat of the schedule. Oh joy.
I don’t think he’s regressing. He’s missed a couple throws, but still looks in control. Just a weird half. It’s almost like they don’t know what to do when they can move the ball on the ground.

• Wow
Reactions: Shadow99
I don’t know if I’d say he’s regressing. He’s clearly having an off night compared to earlier games.

They really do need to drill into his head to get his feet set when he throws. He falls into the bad habit of throwing off balance or off his back foot too much.
Or to take higher percentage reads when warranted. I doubt MY called that 3rd and 1 deep rainbow over Dotson as a primary read. This is a weak point in the RPO.

Reactions: psu00
Again, wonder how much we’re holding back on the playbook with Iowa next week.

Indiana is setting up similar to how Iowa will play us. I think we have to settle in those holes for some throws. Cliff has missed on about 4 tonight that were definitely 1st downs if he was accurate.

Positive news, the run game has life.

And the defense is excellent.

Does it really matter? We scored anyway.

Where did I say it cost us a score???? It either was, or wasn't, a legal formation under the Rulebook and I'm pretty sure it was a legal formation as Strange converted himself into a RB (you can "Cover" a traditional TE lined up on LOS making them a OL, and an ineligible receiver, but you can't "Cover" a RB - a RB is ALWAYS an eligible receiver.). Yes, it does "Matter" if the b1g bozos have demonstrated yet again how they don't know the Rulebook and just f'ing make it up as they go along.

This OL is going to get butt slapped abused by Iowa next Saturday unless they get their sh!t together. The talent is there. The talent has always been there.

I don't see much changing in a week. I can't believe a switch gets flipped for this line and it all changes.

I don’t usually chime in during a game, however.
Third and one in first quarter and Clifford goes under center and hands off to a RB running down hill for first down.
Two other third and ones in first half, and pass. The last one a fade route when you are around 4 minutes remaining in half.
Imagine getting points before half and getting the ball to start second half. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think it says volumes about the OL.
Just my halftime $0.02.

OL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT