ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rock n Roll HOF nominees

Yep Spoon, Placebo and Modest Mouse all better than Nickel Back, Limp and Spice.

Agreed - one thing I noticed from a lot of bands who started in that era is they did not last very long. I loved Placebo's first two albums but that kind of music got less popular and those bands sort of faded away.

Reactions: BBrown
Agreed - one thing I noticed from a lot of bands who started in that era is they did not last very long. I loved Placebo's first two albums but that kind of music got less popular and those bands sort of faded away.

Agree I would add The Bravery, Elbow and The Editors to that list, all of whom I sill like a lot.
Edit: also Interpol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midnighter2
Love devo so much.
Devo at least brought something to the table - something different. Like the Stray Cats (who should also be in the stupid club).

The rest of some of this shit (excuse my language) is all the same. And that would be great if it was good. But it isn't. Not even close. Between auto-tune and delays on guitars, we've lost 2 generations of singers and musicians now.

Are the Carpenters in the rrhof? Did they have any hits or talent mid? lol

Generational responses?
giphy.gif
Also a GREAT musician lol

Devo at least brought something to the table - something different. Like the Stray Cats (who should also be in the stupid club).

The rest of some of this shit (excuse my language) is all the same. And that would be great if it was good. But it isn't. Not even close. Between auto-tune and delays on guitars, we've lost 2 generations of singers and musicians now.

Are the Carpenters in the rrhof? Did they have any hits or talent mid? lol
Appreciate the devo love (my first concert 1981 tower theatre) but you’re so wrong about young talent. There’s unlimited youngsters killing it. Just don’t look for them on the FM. I’m lucky to have access to new great stuff, just last night son 1 told me to check out The Breeders Pod

Appreciate the devo love (my first concert 1981 tower theatre) but you’re so wrong about young talent. There’s unlimited youngsters killing it. Just don’t look for them on the FM. I’m lucky to have access to new great stuff, just last night son 1 told me to check out The Breeders Pod

Kim Deal is a founding member of the Pixies. She's legit (so are The Breeders).

+100. I keep trying tell people that there is some fantastic music being put out today. 🤷‍♂️

+100. I keep trying tell people that there is some fantastic music being put out today. 🤷‍♂️
And in this age of specialization (both my sons ended up doing 24/7 lacrosse) dudes picking up a guitar at a young age, with total access to other musicians via the web, just commit, get obsessed and get great young. An example is Black MidI. These Youngsters met at an elite London music prep school and at 18 they were making mind blowing music.

You didn’t really love their first two albums, it was just the placebo effect.

• Haha
Reactions: Midnighter2
I thought Neil Young (Buffalo Springfield, CSN&Y and solo) but apparently CSN is in the HOF but not CSNY.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Thats odd. I wonder why?
Probably the same reason Bruce Springsteen is in and not Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Artists are eligible at a certain time period after their first release (25 year I think?) So CSN appeared for nomination 25 years after their first release -- Neil didn't show up until later.

And for Bruce, he was nominated after that time period for his first release, which was only attributed to Bruce Springsteen. Whoever it is that does the voting on this has been reluctant to induct different iterations of the same artist.

Addendum: And that's a shame as IMHO "CSNY" and "Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band" are far more HOF-worthy than CSN and solo Bruce.

Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
Probably the same reason Bruce Springsteen is in and not Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. Artists are eligible at a certain time period after their first release (25 year I think?) So CSN appeared for nomination 25 years after their first release -- Neil didn't show up until later.

And for Bruce, he was nominated after that time period for his first release, which was only attributed to Bruce Springsteen. Whoever it is that does the voting on this has been reluctant to induct different iterations of the same artist.

Addendum: And that's a shame as IMHO "CSNY" and "Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band" are far more HOF-worthy than CSN and solo Bruce.

Weirdly the E Street Band is in - Bruce inducted them in 2014.

Also, didn’t realize there are different HOF categories. The E Street Band was inducted in the Musical Excellence category while Nine Inch Nails inducted in the Performers category.

Reactions: TheGLOV and BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT