ADVERTISEMENT

Yasar Dogu (Turkey) this weekend (July 27-29) - US team going

the move from fun to scrappy has commenced ...

latest

Reactions: tikk10 and dunkej01
DT has 50% of the Pinfalls in the tourney so far.

Funny how some of the Freestyle purists are joking about DTs cradles. One thing I don't get with Free is why there isn't more emphasis on pinning. I understand cradles can lead you exposing yourself, but DT seems to be doing OK using them.

Reactions: Afw6006
Gwiz techs, Dake pins, and Garrett, Cox, Green all lose their first match.

This officiating is ****ed.
Yeah, a few calls in the Green and Cox matches didn't make sense to me, though calls in freestyle matches rarely do.

Officiating aside, they were bad losses for Green and Cox. Green gives up a takedown with no time on the clock after gassing badly. Cox looked like he could barely stand up at the end of his match.

Replays of these and a few others (Dake, Gwiz) are posted and free on Track Wrestling.

Whats the best way to watch today? I have seen Track and UWW as options but heard the streaming has been bad too

Track and UWW are the only options, not sure if UWW works without a VPN in the states though.

Cox’s tourney also now over.

Green and Cox both out now.

good to get these loses out now rather than at Worlds.

So 4 make the finals and 4 go out in the 1st round. Do I have that right?

finals for 57, 65, 74, 86, 97, along with 5 womens weights start at 1030am est not sure the match order.

going for gold at 4 weights Gilman, Taylor, Dake, Burroughs
going for bronze and 2 weights Snyder Gwiz
Nashon, steibler, Cox, Green lost 1st round and eliminated.

Just saw on Twitter that Makoev is the one that beat Cox in the World Semi's that caused the brief Twitter beef between Cox and DT. DT just pinned him after dominating him.

I think the only thing that can hold DT back from being a World/Olympic Champ is himself. I do wonder if him being friendly with everyone, including his competition (Dake/Cox), causes him to wrestle those guys differently than he would if he didn't know them personally. Not that those 2 guys aren't elite, but the gap between Dake and DT isn't that wide to where DT shouldn't have at least taken a few W's in their multiple times wrestling. IMO his greatest threat is losing domestically to Cox/Dake for the Olympic spot.

Yazdani is a monster and he's still only 23-years old. Yes, DT pinned him last year, but don't sleep on the guy. He's one of the best PFP wrestlers in the world, IMHO.

Reactions: Afw6006
Gilman looked solid, taking gold 10-5.

Match order below. All FS finals are on B. Bronze matches on A and C.

DjMur5gXgAEAY4q.jpg

Last edited:
1st
Burroughs goes at Chamizo's ankles off the whistle and looks like he converted but is only awarded 1 step out. Challenged. Lost. 1-1, Chamizo with criteria at moment. Both mostly working from space, lots of feints. Dry mat helping. With Chamizo on the clock, Burroughs gets to Chamizo's right leg and pushes out, up 2-1. End of first.
2nd
Burroughs gets an ankle and follows through, outscrambling Chamizo to go up 4-1. Chamizo works from bottom with Burroughs leg and gets a reversal. Chamizo challenging the reversal I think, claiming there was exposure. Lost. 5-2. Burroughs again on the leg, drives out, 602
Chamizo on the leg now, has Burroughs in a quad pod, finally breaks him down to make it 6-4.
Burroughs again converts a low single to a TD, making it 8-4, but Chamizo gets out and goes feet to back at the edge of the mat to tie, up 8-8 on criteria. Then another TD by Chamizo to make it 10-8. With 6 seconds on the clock Burroughs ties it but is behind on criteria, 10-10. Burroughs gets behind with 3 seconds left but can't break Chamizo down, Chamizo takes it. Great match, both guys left it go out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
if the majority of FS matches had that much action, it would catch on with fans in the USoA. Man that was non stop.

Reactions: diggerpup
Really tough to see the 4 Chamizo points at the edge due to a less than optimal camera angle. But Burroughs had already wasted his brick in the first, which looked like a bad decision even at the time, and worse after that.

Mat B frozen, but then who wanted to see David Taylor wrestle anyway, right? I assume that match is happening right now b/c 86kg bronze matches are happening but there's zero actual evidence that it is.

It's a conspiracy bought of the slush fund. We don't want Yazdani scouting Taylor's top game.

Apparently, broadcasting a single DT match this weekend was too much for the UWW. You can choose to believe that he pinned four opponents on his way to gold but there's no documentary evidence of it so you'll have to trust eyewitness accounts on Twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT