ADVERTISEMENT

Zahid Valencia

Since it’s all about if this or if that how about if Lee and Lugo are champs and Marinelli and Kemerer are also finalists and Desanto, Young, Warner, and Cassioppi have already finished top 3 then it won’t matter about your 4 or 5 titles. Iowa will win cause your 0 points at 125 and 157 and most likely less than 5 points at 149 and 197 and maybe even HWY wont be near enough to beat 10 scorers with 8 high AA
I am already in for 250 that Iowa will not the championship. I can jump in with another 100 bucks in a wager with you that Iowa will not have 8 top 3 AAs.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
JM, you're probably just happy because we have something else to talk about instead of the non-stop chatter about Desanto tapping out against RBY.
Some on here are obsessed about him faking an injury. I prefer to focus on what’s ahead. Can’t wait for Big 10s and nationals. I just wonder what the rhetoric will be if Desanto beats RBY for the 3rd time in their careers at Big 10s?

Since it’s all about if this or if that how about if Lee and Lugo are champs and Marinelli and Kemerer are also finalists and Desanto, Young, Warner, and Cassioppi have already finished top 3 then it won’t matter about your 4 or 5 titles. Iowa will win cause your 0 points at 125 and 157 and most likely less than 5 points at 149 and 197 and maybe even HWY wont be near enough to beat 10 scorers with 8 high AA

$50 WFL. I'll take the field vs Lugo for the 149 championship. I'll add another $50 for Brooks placing higher than Lugo if you'd like.

$50 WFL. I'll take the field vs Lugo for the 149 championship.
You guys are betting happy. We are already in for a total of $100 with Hall/Kemerer and the NCAA team champ. I’m not guaranteeing Lugo wins. That would be an outlandish prediction similar to PSU having 5 champs this year.

Some on here are obsessed about him faking an injury. I prefer to focus on what’s ahead. Can’t wait for Big 10s and nationals. I just wonder what the rhetoric will be if Desanto beats RBY for the 3rd time in their careers at Big 10s?

Here’s the scene at Big 10s if DeSanto overcomes that crippling injury to beat RBY ...

You guys are betting happy. We are already in for a total of $100 with Hall/Kemerer and the NCAA team champ. I’m not guaranteeing Lugo wins. That would be an outlandish prediction similar to PSU having 5 champs this year.
I happen to agree that's quite the stretch that this team could field five finalists, let alone champions. Wonder who the last team to do that was?
;)

Although, at the start of the season I felt good about three. Hard to believe that with the loss of Cassar it's at least worthy of a discussion that PSU could get 5.
Which guy is least likely to make it to the finals? We'll see how the reply ages.

Talk shite, back it up. You hedged your bets with your lack of enthusiasm for Kemerer on our previous bet and I matched you. Back up your confidence in Lugo.

Reactions: diggerpup
I will grant you that if Iowa wrestles to their current paper rankings they run away with the team title. OTOH, wrestling to their paper rankings has been a challenge for many of a Tom Brands Iowa team over the last 10 years. Will this be the year Marinelli finishes higher than 5th?

All I know is there is a lot of wrestling between now and March 21st.

I am already in for 250 that Iowa will not the championship. I can jump in with another 100 bucks in a wager with you that Iowa will not have 8 top 3 AAs.
And if nits action isnt enough I'll jump in too.

I'm starting to think iron bird is a disease more so than an online persona.

The narrative will be how DeSanto made such a miraculous comeback from a grave, probable season-ending injury (for a lesser mortal), battled like a warrior and won the title.

Last edited:
I happen to agree that's quite the stretch that this team could field five finalists, let alone champions. Wonder who the last team to do that was?
;)

Although, at the start of the season I felt good about three. Hard to believe that with the loss of Cassar it's at least worthy of a discussion that PSU could get 5.
Which guy is least likely to make it to the finals? We'll see how the reply ages.
Most likely to least likely, Nick Lee, Mark Hall, Vincenzo Joseph, RBY, Aaron Brooks.

I will enjoy the excuses and the “RBY will beat him at NCAAs” threads that will surely pop up here.
Dude, It is a Penn State fan forum. I can see HR has threads littering that site discussing the superiority of Cael's coaching over TNT, how Penn State does it cleaner and better than Iowa, how Kem's win over Hall was a fluke, etc...
It is designed to be a partisan forum. It's in the title.

Last edited:
JM, you're probably just happy because we have something else to talk about instead of the non-stop chatter about Desanto tapping out against RBY.
What. Desanto tapped out when did this happen lmfao. That means I'm joking before someone starts a new thread

Took a quick screenshot of this when it was first posted Feb. 3rd on a hunch I may not be able to find it again in the near future. Sure enough when I looked for it after the tOSU dual it was like it never even existed. EDIT: Of course that watermark would hit a bullseye. I don't know how to remove that but if you can't see it the post says, "As expected, Berge officially out for year. Career could be over." Again the post was from Feb. 3.
Screenshot_20200203-154150_Facebook_zpslujmu3ke.jpg

Yeah he's definitely been wrong a few times but is right a lot too. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Fix news. There hasn't been any more corroboration to that yet right? And I'm sure his tweets on that have probably been screenshotted plenty if that doesn't come to fruition.

Yeah he's definitely been wrong a few times but is right a lot too. Will be interesting to see what happens with the Fix news. There hasn't been any more corroboration to that yet right? And I'm sure his tweets on that have probably been screenshotted plenty if that doesn't come to fruition.

If you used a dart board, you would have a similar track record. And if people didn't hold it against you when you were wrong, you might even develop a social media following.

Just an observation:
But isn't this post exactly like 1 [of many] things HR has been pissing & moaning about for years?
You know, thread on 'home team board' about an unrelated subject. Some 'rival PSU' fan gets their panties in a wad about an unflattering [sarcastic] passing statement.
Then rival fan to jump in and tell everyone how superior 'your Iowa' team is and try to set them all straight? Hijacking the thread
Seen it 100 times:confused:

Just sayin.
IMO you're a solid poster madden. I guess lack of self awareness is contagious;)

ummm i'd go Joseph, Hall, Lee, RBY, Brooks

Madden nailed it, Cenzo is still 50/50 with AMar, and unless he shows us he can beat him without going upper body, it will ALWAYS be 50/50.

Edit, i might swap RBY and AB. RBY has a minefield.

Last edited:
Not providing this on the basis of the Zahid news. I'm waiting until it plays out, and corroborated facts emerge.

But since the mention of marijuana showed up here, and is very prominent on the interwebs where the Zahid situation is discussed (with much misinformation), thought I'd share this...

Marijuana use is a violation of NCAA Policy. It’s a banned substance in the “illicit drug” class.

If a student-athlete tests positive, they lose:
-- Half the season (1st test)
-- A full calendar year of eligibility (2nd test)

There is no Medical Exception for marijuana.

Madden nailed it, Cenzo is still 50/50 with AMar, and unless he shows us he can beat him without going upper body, it will ALWAYS be 50/50.
If Cenzo and Marinelli are on opposite sides of the NCAA bracket, which seems likely, then Marinelli still has to make it to the finals. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT