ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Southern Scuffle Thread

when are 1-0 wins better than others.....

though that isnt the Nick Reenan at his best ability

The hyper-competitive streak has always been there, and it's gonna come out more and more as he gains familiarity at this level.

Witness (for Flo subscribers) last year's Powerade final vs. Nijenhuis: leading late, Starocci protected his lead by shooting and scoring. Nijenhuis took exception. Starocci was having none of it.
https://www.flowrestling.org/video/...-erie-prep-vs-gerrit-nijenhuis-canon-mcmillan

Good write-up here, plus Starocci's post-match interview:
https://www.papowerwrestling.com/powerade-ends-in-fireworks-with-1-starocci-beating-2-nijenhuis/

Thanks for the links, love it.

Happy Reenan lost like that. Didn’t try one shot all match until end. Beard consistently shooting 1st and 2nd periods and Reenan gets no stall against t him. Reenan takes a shot at end and gets stall..

Interesting Reenan scared to go under Beard in the 3rd

Happy Reenan lost like that. Didn’t try one shot all match until end. Beard consistently shooting 1st and 2nd periods and Reenan gets no stall a giant him. Reenan takes a shot at end and gets stall..

Interesting Reenan scared to go under Beard in the 3rd
That was a Strange decision by Reenan, Interesting indeed

The Three Amigos slide up a little higher to 13th with 32.5 points and Lee doesn’t wrestle until the blood round. So they will probably slide back a little.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
My main takeaway from that match is Nick Reenan did not want to go under Michael ;)

Major respect for a RS JR not to want to go under a true freshman.
Am I the only one surprised by that? Or is Reenan just not that good from bottom?

I'm not basing on one match. Mattox got him a few times in these positions last summer as well. Im sure if you go back, you'll continue to find examples.
Fair enough. I didn't see the Mattox match. Assuming it was in freestyle.

Thanks Roar.
Was wondering what happened to you for awhile.
Thought maybe you had fallen asleep...I know you're getting old.

Am I the only one surprised by that? Or is Reenan just not that good from bottom?

Michael is a menace on top. Reenan did not want to get tilted or even ridden out in the 3rd. He picked the choice to give himself the best chance.

Still a great win for Beard.

But, Reenan didn't look 100%. He attempted a bunch of throw-bys w/ little intent to follow through. He barely moved after he got to Beard's legs on the last couple shots he took.

There's no way he would choose neutral there if he was a 100% healthy.

That was a Strange decision by Reenan, Interesting indeed

Still a great win for Beard.

But, Reenan didn't look 100%. He attempted a bunch of throw-bys w/ little intent to follow through. He barely moved after he got to Beard's legs on the last couple shots he took.

There's no way he would choose neutral there if he was a 100% healthy.
Kind of what I was wondering; thanks.

Reactions: psudotedu
Protecting against (old?) injury would be my guess. No offense but Nick didn't look close to 100%......hence.....no offense.
If Reenan was that hurt (which he could have been), I don't know why he wouldn't Mfft out. Why risk the rest of the season for a holiday tournament? I don't know anything, but it wouldn't seem wise to wrestle him at Scuffle if he is significantly injured.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT