ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session IV Thread

Well, your posts have an angry tone, so you sure seem angry. See example below:

Jesus, some of you are damn ridiculous. Over hyped. Kerk just got back on the mat. No training, no conditioning. Get real with your nonsense. He wrestled 3 places above his seed. What the hell did y'all expect?
And your point is? I'm not the one ripping on our wrestlers and placing ridiculous expectations on them.

Well done on the giffs. Enjoyed them all
giphy-downsized-large.gif

For all the wrestling savants who told me how awesome Heinselman had become.... he got dominated by Rayvon Foley losing 8-2. MH is decent but he's not the improved world-beater that many have attempted to make him out to be.

Now come on. Not a fan of either team. You could also says psu has some of the oldest freshman ever lol. Plus it’s not like Nick lee is a young guy. Now c star is a reak RS freshman and Kemerer is in his what 6th year ? Plus he’s coming back for next year. What year was Cassar when he won his title? Wrestling is kinda screwed up in this way. It is what it is I guess.

Actually, Nick Lee is a 4th year senior and didn't gray shirt. But yes, the age thing is a little over done regarding Iowa (but still a little funny to joke about).

Jesus, some of you are damn ridiculous. Over hyped. Kerk just got back on the mat. No training, no conditioning. Get real with your nonsense. He wrestled 3 places above his seed. What the hell did y'all expect?
That is with coming off an injury where he couldn't lift either to at least maintain strength.

Quite honestly, Kerk was the International Man of Mystery going into the tournament, great pedigree/talent coming off an injury with very limited time on the mat. Really had no idea what was going to happen. Good news he should be an All-American and we see what happens next year where he has a full season to prepare.

JS: one person made that rude comment NOT the entire board. I could as easily go to HR and ask for an apology for things stated about RBY. Really how old are you????? I certainly hope that you are NOT over the age of 18.
It's not been one comment. It's been all year. Frankly, there have been people on this board that have been incredibly disparaging to Cass for no reason. He's a quiet nice kid who just shows up to wrestle and destroys everyone not named Mason or Gable.

If you're going to talk that trash, you have to be able to take your medicine too. If PSU pulls it out at nationals, I'll be back to take mine too.

I'm sure it wasn't Manning.
Yeah, it was said once, calmly and without camera time. Not screamed 3 or 4 times like the kid had never seen anything like it before.
Not like the wrestler,down by one, gets a takedown in the last 30 seconds so three coaches have to hop back and forth for 30 seconds with both their fingers pointing at the floor yelling to keep him down.

It's not been one comment. It's been all year. Frankly, there have been people on this board that have been incredibly disparaging to Cass for no reason. He's a quiet nice kid who just shows up to wrestle and destroys everyone not named Mason or Gable.

If you're going to talk that trash, you have to be able to take your medicine too. If PSU pulls it out at nationals, I'll be back to take mine too.
We’ve been waiting 4-5 years for apologies from scores of Hawk fans slandering Zain by claiming he used Roids. His face is red after a hard match - Steroids!!!!!!

You know, if we’re speaking about quiet, nice kids and all

We’ve been waiting 4-5 years for apologies from scores of Hawk fans slandering Zain by claiming he used Roids. His face is red after a hard match - Steroids!!!!!!

Zain's an all-time fav of mine. I'm not sure I remember the steroids thing. I thought the complaint was the hands to the face.

Fans are always going to talk trash. Just have to be ready to take it too.

And your point is? I'm not the one ripping on our wrestlers and placing ridiculous expectations on them.
My point is, your responses are angry to an almost equally ridiculous level, so don't be surprised when posters respond the way this one did:

Poster Response:
You don't have to get so mad. MY expectations were obviously wrong. That's what I was saying.

Zain's an all-time fav of mine. I'm not sure I remember the steroids thing. I thought the complaint was the hands to the face.

Oh yes, there were quite a few accusations about steroids (and not just about Zain). Accusing wrestlers of illegal activity is on a different level than dumb personal insults like Fat Tony. Some insults are actually quite amusing, like "Noodle Arms". I forget which HR poster coined that one. But I absolutely agree with your overall premise. If you're going to dish out, you better be able to take it.

Graduating and being Team USA isn't enough to avoid the HR steroid-mongering, at least for David Taylor.

But if you’re gonna hold us responsible for every dingus that lurks around here, you should have to answer for the whackados on HR. Also, as far as “taking it”, it’s not like you guys haven’t stumbled in the national tournament after winning B1Gs before.

Not to mention the Iowa fans claiming Zain’s riding on top was stalling, only to relish when Eirerman locked in his legs against Nick Lee.

Last edited:
For all the wrestling savants who told me how awesome Heinselman had become.... he got dominated by Rayvon Foley losing 8-2. MH is decent but he's not the improved world-beater that many have attempted to make him out to be.

Did you watch him over the past few years? As an undersized 125 he was, let's say underwhelming at best. Many in that situation get typcast, lose confidence and don't grow. I thought his jump this year was commendable and impressive. My hat's off to him for an outstanding year so far.

But if you’re gonna hold us responsible for every dingus that lurks around here, you should have to answer for the whackados on HR. Also, as far as “taking it”, it’s not like you guys haven’t stumbled in the national tournament after winning B1Gs before.
Listen, I just came on to talk some light hearted trash after a fun weekend. I think I post here often enough for most to know that I'm not a bad faith actor. I'm totally fine with you guys talking trash back.

All right, I was the one who made the juvenile Fat Tony comment. It was not cool and I shouldn't have said it. I also underestimated him vs Kerk, who is underweight at this time and not at full fitness following rehab from some type of injury. Cass completely kicked his butt and Kerk had nothing for him. Props to Cass. Right now he is in a tier on his own after Gable and Parris.

That said, let's not begin to pretend that calling a kid fat compares with the stuff I've read on HR about Zain, Cael, Ruth, and many more. Steroids, cheating, not caring about his own wrestlers, lying to kids and parents and on and on and on.

So please, spare this false equivalency BS. What I wrote, and wish I hadn't, isn't even in the same stratosphere as some of the stuff I've read on HR.

All right, I was the one who made the juvenile Fat Tony comment. It was not cool and I shouldn't have said it. I also underestimated him vs Kerk, who is underweight at this time and not at full fitness following rehab from some type of injury. Cass completely kicked his butt and Kerk had nothing for him. Props to Cass. Right now he is in a tier on his own after Gable and Parris.

That said, let's not begin to pretend that calling a kid fat compares with the stuff I've read on HR about Zain, Cael, Ruth, and many more. Steroids, cheating, not caring about his own wrestlers, lying to kids and parents and on and on and on.

So please, spare this false equivalency BS. What I wrote, and wish I hadn't, isn't even in the same stratosphere as some of the stuff I've read on HR.
I really wasn't trying to start anything. Just a little friendly ribbing. I'm not going to defend the past several years of frustrated hawkeye fans.

Looking forward to NCAA's. Should be wild. This is has to be the least predictable tournament we'll ever have right?

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Now come on. Not a fan of either team. You could also says psu has some of the oldest freshman ever lol. Plus it’s not like Nick lee is a young guy. Now c star is a reak RS freshman and Kemerer is in his what 6th year ? Plus he’s coming back for next year. What year was Cassar when he won his title? Wrestling is kinda screwed up in this way. It is what it is I guess.
Cassar was a 5th year Senior and just turned 23 when he won his title in 2019. If Iowa returns everyone from this years team, they’d have two 7th year “Seniors”(Kemerer and Eierman), two 6th year Seniors(Young and Marinelli) and four 5th Year Seniors(Lee, Murin, Warner and Desanto). 😳

Actually, Nick Lee is a 4th year senior and didn't gray shirt. But yes, the age thing is a little over done regarding Iowa (but still a little funny to joke about).

Maybe, but I don't think the experience gap can be overstated.

At the start of the season the Hawkeye starting line-up averaged 62 varsity matches per wrestler. The PSU starting line-up had an average of 19 varsity matches. 6 of our wrestlers were in their 1st post season action this weekend. 8 of Iowa's wrestlers were competing in their 3th or 4th post season.

Iowa has a very good team. I'm not trying to diminish what they accomplished this weekend, but there is no denying that age/experience is a major factor this year ... there is no way to spin it any other way.

If the future is now your very happy to be an Iowa fan.

If the future is the next 4 years your happy to be a PSU fan.

If your future is not now or the next four years you are everyone else.

Also imagine for a moment being the annual recruiting champs and yet only placing 9th in your conference.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT