ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session IV Thread

Jesus, some of you are damn ridiculous. Over hyped. Kerk just got back on the mat. No training, no conditioning. Get real with your nonsense. He wrestled 3 places above his seed. What the hell did y'all expect?

Some of these "fans" are idiots. I think a lot of us (me included) overestimated his impact without taking into consideration how long he has been out. He still had a good tournament and the talent is there. He will be a different wrestler next year and hopefully in two weeks he can work on the conditioning. That is a lot to ask because it's not that simple to do.

Final Team Standings:

1. Iowa - 159.5
2. PSU - 124
3. Nebraska - 104.5
4. Michigan - 90
5. Minny - 77.5
6. Purdue - 76
7. NW - 74
8. MSU - 73.5
9. tOSU - 69.5
10. Rutgers - 52
11. Illini - 32
12. Wisky - 30.5
13. Indy - 22
14. Maryland - 2

(And as an aside, once again Byers spent half the match doing PBP of the championship final. I wish somebody would tell him that when PSU wrestlers are competing, that's the only match he should focus on.)

Other rounds, yes. Finals, no.

Does anybody else remember Cael's statement about not wanting heavyweights that shoot the legs?

285 3rd Place Match: Kerk vs. Tony Cassioppi (Iowa)

Per 1
TC with a front headlock, nothing. Kerk in on a single, TC counters with a front headlock, they scramble, and TC gets the TD at the edge, 0-2. Kerk is flattened. Stall warning on Kerk. End. RT @ 1:49 for TC

Per 2
Kerk takes neutral. Kerk reaches for a leg, TC snaps the head down and gets the TD, 0-4. And Kerk is flattened once again. Stall call on Kerk, so it's 0-5. End. RT @ 3:19 for TC

Per 3
TC takes bottom. He's out in 8 sec, 0-6. Kerk tries a double, blocked. TC stuffed the head and working on it. Stalemate with 1:00 left. RT is locked for TC. TC with a TD makes it 0-8. End. With 3:30 in RT, it's a 0-9 major for Cassioppi.

Kerk finishes 4th at the B1G Championship

(And as an aside, once again Byers spent half the match doing PBP of the championship final. I wish somebody would tell him that when PSU wrestlers are competing, that's the only match he should focus on.)

in all seriousness ,not much to describe in the PSU match

Just such a big difference in Gable. He’s so slim and trim yet wayyy stronger. If he redshirts he’s likely a 4 time undefeated HW champ. Still could be a 3 time if he sticks around for the extra year but if he graduates next year then I don’t see him coming back for another year.
Spencer the greatest 125lber ever?
Gable the best HW ever.
I know HR doesn’t like to hear It but if Gable wins the title this year then he’s SHOULD win the hodge. He’s faced far better comp. He just destroyed a world champ.

Reactions: diggerpup and Grass
Kerk just can’t get off bottom. He’s going to have to work on that but he seems so focused on freestyle. Plus he needs to get bigger and stronger which he will.

• Haha
Reactions: ClarencButthorn
In the 285 match there wasn't much going on in the PSU match to talk about.

true, but I don't care what's taking place on other matches when a PSUer is wrestling. I can follow the other results on Track, on BTN for the B1Gs, on ESPN for Nationals, etc. Jeff does a nice job in general, and I'm sure it's a challenge to fill time during broadcasts. When filling time when PSUers are not wrestling he can talk about other matches, what he had for breakfast, anything he wants, IMHO. There were a couple of times today where he missed TDs for or against PSU because he was babbling about what was taking place on the Championship mat, and I just think that's sloppy, and not what he should be doing.

This board owes "Fat Tony" a big apology.

On the bright side, Kerk should be well rested for NCAA's after his 5 minutes nap underneath.
JS: one person made that rude comment NOT the entire board. I could as easily go to HR and ask for an apology for things stated about RBY. Really how old are you????? I certainly hope that you are NOT over the age of 18.

true, but I don't care what's taking place on other matches when a PSUer is wrestling. I can follow the other results on Track, on BTN for the B1Gs, on ESPN for Nationals, etc. Jeff does a nice job in general, and I'm sure it's a challenge to fill time during broadcasts.When filling time when PSUers are not wrestling he can talk about other matches, what he had for breakfast, anything he wants, IMHO. There were a couple of times today where he missed TDs for or against PSU because he was babbling about what was taking place in the Championship mat, and I just think that's sloppy, and not what he should be doing.
Point taken. I didn't listen much to Jeff tonight, but have noticed in the past that he can miss things when his attention is diverted.

Okay guys, nice B1G tournament. I had fun doing PBP for most of it, and you guys did a good job in the threads.

Two weeks to chill, and get ready for Nationals.

I'm done with this thread, at least for a bit, as I go enjoy dinner.
Thanks Tom!

Reactions: PAgeologist
Kerkvliet just placed 4th for us, he bonused 3 of his 4 opponents. He very comfortably beats Trent Hillger, a former AA. He was literally cleared from total inactivity 2 weeks ago (where he lost a significant amount of muscle also) The fact he's even giving it a go (in heavyweight) is amazing.

For the record, I've never been on the Kerkvliet easily dominates Cassioppi train and I thought those takes were ridiculous. I had a feeling watching Kerk yesterday against Parris that he would not beat Cass today (who is a fantastic rider) Didn't expect a major decision but it doesn't matter.

I'm so damn proud of all of our guys. We scored scored more than last year and placed 2nd with a team of 6 freshman and 1 sophomore. Anyone who truly thought we were beating Iowa ... I don't know what to tell you. It's weird and there are no moral victories for Penn State but keep in mind, for most of these guys, they would be wrestling the Clarion Open their first tournament in a PSU singlet, not Big Tens. Half of them have been dinged up for one reason or another.

I saw the body language of our guys after losses (the manner in which Howard ripped off his headgear after the DeAugustino match) and they want it. How we're feeling about their performance this weekend? Trust me, they hate it 100 times worse. I said on the Session 1 thread but these are all young lion cubs right now. They'll evolve into full grown lions one day and it'll be a sight to see.

JS: one person made that rude comment NOT the entire board. I could as easily go to HR and ask for an apology for things stated about RBY. Really how old are you????? I certainly hope that you are NOT over the age of 18.

I'm fairly certain that Tony doesn't give a s*** about the comments of anonymous wrestling fans on a message board for a rival school. Some of the Hawk Posters that showed up here over the weekend strictly to talk trash continue to prove that both Cael and this board live rent free in their heads.

Cass is damn strong, he isn’t some dancing bear. Props to how this division has evolved.....all the top guys move pretty well.

Reactions: WildTurk
And the fact that they’re all 28 and we’re all 19..
Now come on. Not a fan of either team. You could also says psu has some of the oldest freshman ever lol. Plus it’s not like Nick lee is a young guy. Now c star is a reak RS freshman and Kemerer is in his what 6th year ? Plus he’s coming back for next year. What year was Cassar when he won his title? Wrestling is kinda screwed up in this way. It is what it is I guess.

I was just reading HR (I'm a glutton for punishment). They were ridiculous, calling RBY all kinds of names, saying that he stalled, ripping him for the dancing, etc. At the same time, they were upset about Eierman getting hit for stalling twice. I thought they were being babies as usual. Then I came here, and I'm sorry to say, it is looking very similar to what I saw over there. Be passionate, but, name calling is kind of ridiculous.
Exactly. Fans are the same everywhere.

Jesus, some of you are damn ridiculous. Over hyped. Kerk just got back on the mat. No training, no conditioning. Get real with your nonsense. He wrestled 3 places above his seed. What the hell did y'all expect?
Honestly, I expected a much closer match against Cass. Maybe not a win, but at least a competitive match. Didn't think that was terribly unrealistic, but clearly I was mistaken.

285 3rd Place Match: Kerk vs. Tony Cassioppi (Iowa)

Per 1
TC with a front headlock, nothing. Kerk in on a single, TC counters with a front headlock, they scramble, and TC gets the TD at the edge, 0-2. Kerk is flattened. Stall warning on Kerk. End. RT @ 1:49 for TC

Per 2
Kerk takes neutral. Kerk reaches for a leg, TC snaps the head down and gets the TD, 0-4. And Kerk is flattened once again. Stall call on Kerk, so it's 0-5. End. RT @ 3:19 for TC

Per 3
TC takes bottom. He's out in 8 sec, 0-6. Kerk tries a double, blocked. TC stuffed the head and working on it. Stalemate with 1:00 left. RT is locked for TC. TC with a TD makes it 0-8. End. With 3:30 in RT, it's a 0-9 major for Cassioppi.

Kerk finishes 4th at the B1G Championship

I’m sure if it was closer he would have.

I'm not mad, whatsoever. The expectations were ridiculous.
Well, your posts have an angry tone, so you sure seem angry. See example below:

I for one love where this team is right now! I'll also say this, I think one day in the future, many of these same boys are gonna be part of the team that will legitimately be in the conversation as one of the best PSU teams of all time. Can't wait to see how good they are in their junior and senior seasons along with a few newbies like Van Ness filling in the rest of the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT