ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session IV Thread

Kerk needs 20 more lbs of muscle. He can't deal with bigger athletic heavies. Need more power to get off of bottom.

It's all good. He is still recovering and will add some bulk going forward and give some of these same guys hell. Look how handily Cassar took care of Paris 2 years ago.

Wow! Is that the first time Lee was behind in a match this year?
Man Gable is smooth. He’s got that Ed Ruth chill out there. Looks like he’s wrestling a practice match against an absolute animal in Parris.
Yeah as hard as it is too imagine he has made strides in the last year. Pretty certain he will be representing us on the next senior level team

285 3rd Place Match: Kerk vs. Tony Cassioppi (Iowa)

Per 1
TC with a front headlock, nothing. Kerk in on a single, TC counters with a front headlock, they scramble, and TC gets the TD at the edge, 0-2. Kerk is flattened. Stall warning on Kerk. End. RT @ 1:49 for TC

Per 2
Kerk takes neutral. Kerk reaches for a leg, TC snaps the head down and gets the TD, 0-4. And Kerk is flattened once again. Stall call on Kerk, so it's 0-5. End. RT @ 3:19 for TC

Per 3
TC takes bottom. He's out in 8 sec, 0-6. Kerk tries a double, blocked. TC stuffed the head and working on it. Stalemate with 1:00 left. RT is locked for TC. TC with a TD makes it 0-8. End. With 3:30 in RT, it's a 0-9 major for Cassioppi.

Kerk finishes 4th at the B1G Championship

(And as an aside, once again Byers spent half the match doing PBP of the championship final. I wish somebody would tell him that when PSU wrestlers are competing, that's the only match he should focus on.)

Gable is one cocky SOB, but he backs it up. (Minus a few wonderful exceptions.) He absolutely knew he was getting that takedown late.

Give Cass credit he wrestled his match and Kerk never really threatened him. Robbie, Bartlett, Joe Lee, Carter, Beard, and Kerk all need to get a lot stronger to finish their shots against better competition.

How about the butt by Brands on Brooks - curious your opinion on that one? Brands threw his head straight back into Brooks face/forehead off the whistle. Do you honestly think that was incidental or intentional?

I believe that was in the quarterfinal match, which took place in Session I. If you recall from the Session I thread, I missed most the Session -- pretty much everything after 11 am. I did not see the Brooks vs. Brands match, so I can't comment on the incident about which you asked.

(And as an aside, once again Byers spent half the match doing PBP of the championship final. I wish somebody would tell him that when PSU wrestlers are competing, that's the only match he should focus on.)

Maybe in this case it was because of the 2 top guys going at it? I kind of appreciated the Gable updates TBH. But I totally get where you're coming from.

Jesus, some of you are damn ridiculous. Over hyped. Kerk just got back on the mat. No training, no conditioning. Get real with your nonsense. He wrestled 3 places above his seed. What the hell did y'all expect?
You don't have to get so mad. MY expectations were obviously wrong. That's what I was saying.

Reactions: crazyazn
Team Standings
Team
Score​
# F​
# Consi
Semi​
# 3rd-4th​
# 5th-6th​
# 7th-8th​
Max
Possible​