ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

The rumor is that he didn't weigh in. This year, or last year. Both of which were in Serbia. Where he looked absolutely huge.
I'm sorry, but what are the logistics here? They all weigh in together by weight class on the same scale, back to back. You think he was able to not be at weigh ins and nobody said anything? Or they somehow rigged a scale to only help him? The whole process happens in front of everybody.

I'd never say 0% with international wrestling, but this is as close to 0% as I'd ever get.

I'm sorry, but what are the logistics here? They all weigh in together by weight class on the same scale, back to back. You think he was able to not be at weigh ins and nobody said anything? Or they somehow rigged a scale to only help him? The whole process happens in front of everybody.

I'd never say 0% with international wrestling, but this is as close to 0% as I'd ever get.
It's simple. The other competitors at 57kgs were in on it!

giphy.gif

People gotta take 2 seconds to think before they post libelous rumors on here and embarrass themselves.
People that were there said the entire Serbian greco team didn’t weigh in the second day last year. I’m not sure how that can happen but multiple team officials said that’s what happened. I’d be shocked but people that are there probably have a better idea than you do

And to be clear..I’m sure not saying Micic didn’t weigh in. I have NO idea. But there does seem to be some smoke there and I’m sure as hell not saying there’s no chance with all the shady shit that goes down in international sports competition

Kilty wins 10-0 and is in the Finals!

Hildebrandt up.
  • She's up 1-0 after one on passivity. Hit 1 really good slide-by that was interrupted by the ref wanting to warn Mongolia for passivity, and she whizzered the heck out of a single to no points.
  • Sarah gets put on the clock and soon after gets caught in and awkward turk type situation that gets MGL 6 points. 1 mintue to go, down 1-7
  • Gets a go behind but no turns w/ 13 sec left 3-7.
  • Gets another w/ 3 sec left, almost got a gut, but it was after the buzzer, loses 5-7.

Last edited:
People that were there said the entire Serbian greco team didn’t weigh in the second day last year. I’m not sure how that can happen but multiple team officials said that’s what happened. I’d be shocked but people that are there probably have a better idea than you do

And to be clear..I’m sure not saying Micic didn’t weigh in. I have NO idea. But there does seem to be some smoke there and I’m sure as hell not saying there’s no chance with all the shady shit that goes down in international sports competition
If these team officials are telling the truth then it's a dereliction of duty not to be saying it publicly. And for *every* team to not say anything publicly is too much to believe.

It's easy to spread rumors about opponents when your reputation isn't on the line. If it happened, say it publicly. Until then, it's BS.

We need Kagami to win here and pull Adeline back in. Not a great day but pretty good. 1 in the final and 2 wrestling for bronze with a possibility of 3. Definitely good but I thought Sarah was going to make the finals and that Helen was going to be closer to Sakurai. This Japanese team has some hammers. Not sure who is best between Sakurai, Fujinami, and Susaki

Last edited:
Reactions: js8793
If these team officials are telling the truth then it's a dereliction of duty not to be saying it publicly.
I’m not so sure I agree with you there. Not that I have any information on this topic whatsoever, but I think if I was a USA wrestling official aware of these kind of shenanigans going on, I would probably be working back channels—at least initially. A media circus around something like this damages the sport considerably. what I wouldn’t do, is start spreading rumors through those back channels, at least intentionally.

That said, I’m fine with innocent until proven guilty, and desperately want Stevan to have just jumped levels.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
I’m not so sure I agree with you there. Not that I have any information on this topic whatsoever, but I think if I was a USA wrestling official aware of these kind of shenanigans going on, I would probably be working back channels—at least initially. A media circus around something like this damages the sport considerably. what I wouldn’t do, though it start spreading rumors through those back channels, at least intentionally.

That said, I’m fine with innocent until proven guilty, and desperately want Stevan to have just jumped levels.
Even if it is just "back channels" from USA Wrestling officials, it's a bad look to be bad mouthing (and that's what this is) the guy who just won a world championship while choosing not to wrestle for your country.

Like I said, I'm willing to recant once/if i find out that he made weight. And right now its a QUESTION. I'm not saying his win isn't real, or saying that he did cheat.

It just seems unreal for a guy to be up 2 weight classes and suddenly make weight and look completely unphased.
Really stop! You hear and spread a rumor then act as though it’s fact. Really disappointed in your take!!!

I was there last year and heard zero about the Greco claims. Spent a lot of time with the Iranian fans arguably the best fans in the world and they also didn’t mention it. Don’t know where this Serbian hate comes from.

I was there last year and heard zero about the Greco claims. Spent a lot of time with the Iranian fans arguably the best fans in the world and they also didn’t mention it. Don’t know where this Serbian hate comes from.
Serbian hate doesn't seem like zzs006's style. I think he's just trying to contribute to the conversation with information he has. I think maybe this board has a touch of extra sensitivity on this topic w/ all the HR/GIA bs we've endured.

Maybe vhsalum was pissed Micic won, something tells me he maybe just felt like he had a scoop to share (perhaps he shouldn't have), but who knows. What I do know is that I am thrilled for Micic. I've been a fan of his for a long time--until he transfered to Michigan, anyway ;-). J/K: Still am. If/until anything official comes out, I'll remain so too.

Last edited:
Really stop! You hear and spread a rumor then act as though it’s fact. Really disappointed in your take!!!

Honestly guys. This isn't something I just made up myself to discredit Stevan. Just passing along information I heard from a Team USA official. Like I said, hope i'm wrong. But I don't think its actually that bad of an ask considering he wrestled 65kg at Euros.

This is wrestling DISCUSSION board. The good, the bad, the rumors. That's what we do here. This ain't the NYT.

Serbian hate doesn't seem like zzs006's style. I think he's just trying to contribute to the conversation with information he has. I think maybe this board has a touch of stockholm syndrome on this topic w/ all the HR/GIA bs we've endured.

Maybe vhsalum was pissed Micic won, something tells me he maybe just felt like he had a scoop to share (perhaps he shouldn't have), but who knows. What I do know is that I am thrilled for Micic. I've been a fan of his for a long time--until he transfered to Michigan, anyway ;-). J/K: Still am. Until anything official comes out, I'll remain so too.
what he said.

so how did the NLWC fare in the team score vs. the world?
I believe you get 25 for gold, 20 for silver, 15 for bronze, and 10 for 5th. That's 85 for NLWC in MFS, which would put them in 3rd place (Including Russia or we'd be 2nd, and if you drop USA without our points, otherwise 3rd/4th). Seems unfair to add WFS to the equation, but we'd have a cool 100 w/ Jen's points.

It seems prett
According to Mike Amine, CKWC is winning.
It seems pretty obvious that if you want to have world and olympic success, then either Cornell, Michigan, or PSU is the college choice for you - at this point in time. Of course, that assumes that you have the talent and work ethic. Incredible showing by the people associated with those teams.

Love the way Mamedov is defending Amouzadkhali's underhook throwby, but not sure he can sustain it. Hard to cartwheel through a throwby when you can't breathe.

wow, he hung in there. great performance.

Reactions: nerfstate
Even if it is just "back channels" from USA Wrestling officials, it's a bad look to be bad mouthing (and that's what this is) the guy who just won a world championship while choosing not to wrestle for your country.
Yep. There are 4 ways to work something like this:
1. Ignore/dismiss out of hand
2. Shut up and work behind the scenes until a conclusive answer emerges
3. Make an official public announcement
4. Anonymously leak an unsubstantiated rumor.

Team USA appears to have chosen the most orange option.

And to what end? Micic's showing had zero impact on Team USA. If someone Micic beat has a gripe, let them voice it.

Like I said, I'm willing to recant once/if i find out that he made weight. And right now its a QUESTION. I'm not saying his win isn't real, or saying that he did cheat.

It just seems unreal for a guy to be up 2 weight classes and suddenly make weight and look completely unphased.
Even though he wrestled at 65, doesn't mean he was a 65 at the time. Everybody knows it's a big cut, so he probably only wants to do it a few times a year tops. We all saw him at 141 at Michigan. That was not a 141 lber.

Yeah, he looked awful in Tokyo, but that's the only time he's looked like that at 57. He earned the #1 seed at events not in Serbia.

Rivera needs to melt Musukaev because this is a skill mismatch. Totally in the cards though!

Somebody tell the official she has to bring them up herself after a takedown. Just burned a ton of time.

• (VFA) Win by fall: Winning team +5
  • (VSU) Win by technical superiority, loser scores 0: Winning team +4
  • (VSU1) Win by technical superiority, loser scores >0: Winning team +4, losing team +1
  • (VPO) Win by decision, loser scores 0: Winning team +3
  • (VPO1) Win by decision, loser scores >0: Winning team +3, losing team +1
  • (VCA) Win by 3 cautions: Winning team +5
  • (VIN) Win by injury default: Winning team +5
  • (DSQ) Win by disqualification: Winning team +5
Thanks tikk. Someone else mentioned that falls and technical superiority wins don't add to team scores. So, for comparison, David Taylor had three falls and two technical superiority wins. Did David earn the standard 25 points for first place or 33 points for his combined three pins (+2+2+2 points) and his two technical superiority wins (+1+1)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT