ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD -- Penn State vs. Ohio State

Yes he’s had good moments and bad moments so far this year. It’s too early to give up on him, especially since the whole offense (including him) sucked ass today. But the difference today was Marvin Harrison.
Not giving up on him yet. That's why I said "so far" in his career. He does have time for improvement. It doesn't help that his receivers are just average at best.

Welp, again! What more is there to say. Every year, same story. Defense holds and fights and the offense no shows. Game plan sucked. Play calling sucked. Preparation sucked. Coaching sucked. When does Kraft think to himself , a national championship run is not happening with this guy. You can fire the O-Coordinator but it's the same issue every year with the offense., I'm sorry to say it but that's an issue at the very top. How many more times can Franklin, ask fans to be here , pack the stadium, family reunion bull shit and then not uphold his end of the bargain. Fans are there, they cheer, they stay and he once again CAN NOT deliver. I have never been a Franklin must go but something needs to change. I don't care if they expanded the playoffs, your not winning a championship, with this formula. There has to be some hard questions and choices made.

They didn't have Egbuka Burke or Henderson and it didn't matter. Losing Chop hurt but I hope people now comprehend what I mean when I talk about SOS and not being tested

Can’t blame him for the slow developing play. That was a bad design.
The play I'm talking about was not slow developing. The DE to his left was unblocked and sacked him quickly. Allar has to adjust the play or call time out.

0 for 15 on 3rd down. Simply amazing. Honestly, though, I don't think the OSU D is great. Good yes, but more often than not PSU was their own worst enemy on offense.
We have an elite defense but their defense is absolutely great. They didn't even have their top CB

He hiked it because that was the play design….
Correct. And he should not have given the fact that the DE on that side was unaccounted for with the way the OL and TE's were lined up, as well as the play call where there was a fake handoff to Allen and either a TE (not lined up there) or Allen should have been blocking that unaccounted for pass rusher in what Allar was seeing of the osu DL.

I hope people now comprehend what I mean when I talk about SOS and not being tested

If we are being real, being tested doesn't change the outcome of this game. It's a poor offensive showing by an offense that:

1. Has a coordinator who didn't call a good game
2. 5* QB who missed 70% of his throws.
3. OL that is improved from the sanction years, but still isn't elite. Maybe not even great.

Being tested prior to today likely means we are 5-2 after today.

If we are being real, being tested doesn't change the outcome of this game. It's a poor offensive showing by an offense that:

1. Has a coordinator who didn't call a good game
2. 5* QB who missed 70% of his throws.
3. OL that is improved from the sanction years, but still isn't elite. Maybe not even great.

Being tested prior to today likely means we are 5-2 after today.
I'm fine with that perspective. And you're probably right but when people are talking about how great our offense is they need to comprehend reasons behind the numbers. Playing Allar last year was necessary even if I understand why he didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT