ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD - THE WHITE OUT -- Penn State vs. Iowa

Are we sure non-conference games go into this?
That would also then mean we need to beat Michigan which seems like the unlikelier scenario.

No, it wouldn't. It's OOC.

However, we are probably better off being Buckeyes '22 than worrying about a 3way tie prospective.

No, it wouldn't. It's OOC.

However, we are probably better off being Buckeyes '22 than worrying about a 3way tie prospective.
Right, it has no impact on a 3 way tie therefore Ohio State winning is best for us. Maybe Maryland or someone can help us out with them but ND winning is bad, very bad.

Likely better for OSU to have an extra loss in the 3 way tie scenario but depends on what ND does the rest of the way
Notre dame has some games left on the schedule they definitely could lose. I am personally not concerned with them. If PSU can just handle its business, it should be no thing but a chicken wing. 😉

Right, it has no impact on a 3 way tie therefore Ohio State winning is best for us. Maybe Maryland or someone can help us out with them but ND winning is bad, very bad.
I think Notre Dame giving them a loss wouldn't be a bad thing. They have some tough games on the schedule that they could easily lose. The win/loss column is important imo.... You have to take advantage of a big 3 loss whenever you can. It all really comes down to PSU winning and the rest should play out nicely. But the 1 loss tie situation sucks.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Are we sure non-conference games go into this?
That would also then mean we need to beat Michigan which seems like the unlikelier scenario.

They don’t I’m just talking about the playoff. I don’t give a shit about the ccg. OSU with two losses is effectively eliminated even if they win the tiebreak and the big ten championship.

I hate the leaping penalty and I hate the folly floater fade pass but I'm happy it worked out for PSU.

Reactions: tlbakernc
I think Notre Dame giving them a loss wouldn't be a bad thing. They have some tough games on the schedule that they could easily lose. The win/loss column is important imo.... You have to take advantage of a big 3 loss whenever you can. It all really comes down to PSU winning and the rest should play out nicely. But the 1 loss tie situation sucks.
It devalues us beating Ohio State. If we lose to Ohio State it makes the loss worse. Nothing benefits us by Ohio State losing. You can't expect us to go 12-0 given our recent lack of success against Michigan and Ohio State. If Ohio State loses I won't lose any sleep over it but I know it's horrible for us and hurts our playoff chances.

I hate the leaping penalty and I hate the folly floater fade pass but I'm happy it worked out for PSU.
And they’re not consistent with the leaping penalty….Illinois did the same thing on their FG block and they didn’t call it.

Reactions: psu00
They don’t I’m just talking about the playoff. I don’t give a shit about the ccg. OSU with two losses is effectively eliminated even if they win the tiebreak and the big ten championship.
So you care more about Ohio State not getting in then us getting in the playoffs?

Iowa has 2 first downs, both in the 1st quarter. Wow, their O really does suck.

It devalues us beating Ohio State. If we lose to Ohio State it makes the loss worse. Nothing benefits us by Ohio State losing. You can't expect us to go 12-0 given our recent lack of success against Michigan and Ohio State. If Ohio State loses I won't lose any sleep over it but I know it's horrible for us and hurts our playoff chances.

The only thing that matters is the number in the loss column. If you want to say it’s bad because now ND is more likely to get a slot sure. But that’s it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT