ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Ohio State Dual Thread

Nick Lee the interview:

3rd period, the decision to let McKenna up. Talk about that
- I think we're confident in our ability to wrestle neutral. That was the best option to secure the win

Joey is a big 49 lber. Could you feel the fatigue factor?
- I think a little bit, but you just want to score points.

This is a process, but how significant of a step was this for you?
- it's a good win to have going into the end of the season. I'm not worried about rankings or seedings. I need to worry about experience, and wrestling this guy. He's a national title contender. Great thing about the B1G conference

From a team perspective, how good does this feel? with Shak out, and Berge out, getting a nice win
- we're in a good place as a team. Guys are doing a good job. It feels really good to have guys step in and wrestle well, and the starters are doing really well. We're looking ahead, but just enjoying it as it comes

How big was RBY's win?
- it was big for momentum. He's a good wrestler. I don't know what he's ranked, but I think he's going to win nationals

Give me a little idea of next week and the stretch run
- focus on the next match, which is Friday, and get a little bit better every day. Take it one match at a time

How fun is it as an athlete to have the BJC last week, and this facility tonight
- I said coming in tonight that it was awesome to see a lot of fans, and it was awesome for the sport

A week and a half ago, Askren and Dernlan were talking about something being off with PSU this year. They look pretty damn good right now.

Reactions: diggerpup
As long as Hall beats Amine at Big Tens, Zahid is probably still the 3-seed. Would hate to see a Zahid-Hall semi
Amine beat Lewis and lost to Hall and Zahid. I don't think he beats Hall but if he does, seeding chaos ensues.

Reactions: diggerpup
Ohio State after 197
tenor.gif

A dominating performance.

What are the positives for tOSU: well, the Buckeyes beat a backup and far undersized guy (184) with their #1 wrestler, an unranked wrestler (125), and with their top 5 wrestler (barely) a guy who is competing for the starting spot (149). That's got to be pretty disappointing.
Meanwhile, seeing two wrestlers ranked #2 nationally go down. And a #6 get upset at 133 and their other #6 get thrown around like a dish rag at 157.

Last edited:
Just gotta say.. is here anything more fun to watch than when PS wrestlers are at their best?! What a performance from everyone! Loved the upsets and the dominance. (so much for a close match)

Last edited:
Take a moment to remind yourself that tonight's result is against the #2 team in the country, in their building, with 2 starters sitting out. That is all.
I agree with everything you said and take a moment to realize how blessed we are as fans of PSU wrestling to watch these kids perform at this level and on top of that, they are just great humble young men that make you proud to be a fan of theirs! That includes the coaches, just a class act top to bottom.

I hope Cenzo wrestles this “sick” for the rest of the year! Can’t help but think of the hapless Utah Jazz that year they thought they had a shot at hoisting the trophy when Michael Jordan had the flu in the finals. Nah, like MJ, VJ is still gonna rip out your heart in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT