ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

I'll be seriously pissed if Zahid gets a bye to the 86kg OTT semis by medaling at 92kg, despite getting beaten by Brooks at WTT.

Edit: Yep, that sucks.
Yeah, that's pretty lame. Focus on the team race implications, and you'll feel better.

Reactions: David Keller
After 1, Higuchi and Micic trade takedowns, Higuchi up on criterea 2-2.

Micic shows some great scrambling, using his considerable length, gets 2 TDs to Higuchi's 1. Up 6-4 w/ 4 seconds left pending a yolo brick. Challenge lost, Micic wins 7-4! World Champ! The crowd goes wild, and Mike Amine prepares another really annoying tweet....

Last edited:
Scuttlebutt out of some is that Micic never made weight. Interesting that he was completely dehydrated in Tokyo, wrestled 61 at 2021 worlds - but somehow looks fully loaded and energetic at 57 - with Worlds in Serbia 2 years in a row.

Scuttlebutt out of some is that Micic never made weight.
Can you elaborate? When didn’t he make weight? For this tourney? Good lord I hope not. The olympics will be happy to drop wrestling again with that kind of scandal.

Last edited:
Absolutely looks like he was in a different weight class, but I thought weigh-ins were sacred in the sport, silly me….

Reactions: vhsalum
I mean... suddenly no one can defend his shots. It's just completely possible. Hope I'm wrong, but man. We ALL saw him at 57 in Tokyo.
Yeah, it makes all kinds of sense, but I still really hope it isn't true....

Tsargush. Terrible.

Dake's ability to nullify a grounding attempt and drive Sidakov out is masterful.

That was very clearly two for Dake. I'm not sure how the score could be 8-5 right now.

Sidakov's crackdown finishes very reminiscent of Gadzhimagomedov's domination of Dake at Yarygin. So patient and sound. Great wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT