ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Senior worlds September 16-24

I just got home to catch up on the matches and this thread. I was exceptionally thrilled to see that Zain won because when I looked earlier on Flo I could have swore it said he lost. In the Parris match, after he scored on the chest wrap, I was surprised how easily he gave up the one-point reversal there. That one point ended up being a huge point.

I predicting 3 more to make finals. Dake, Snyder, and either Marsteller/Valencia.
We will have 4 World Champs.
You have Snyder beating Sadulaev in the semis? I do but most aren’t picking that it seems

This photo in particular is amazing. Nearly as amazing: Zain didn't score on this.

F6J9jdvXIAE26dd

Shaping up to be a hell of a team race. Iran and US both have 3 in the finals with 2 of them head to head. Iran is out at 61kg though while Parris will wrestle for bronze. 92 kg is going to be huge with Azapira and Zahid meeting right away

Nice interview-in which David says he wrestlers harder matches at home every day. AB certainly gave him a better match than the field today. Add in the other animals, and I'd say Cael's plan for global domination is going nicely.:cool:

Tsargush in the corner for sidakov. Now I actually don’t like sidakov as a person anymore.

Great D from sidakov to not give up 2 there. And great D from kentchadze to beat sidakov’s crackdown!!!

1-1 going into the second.

Whooooaaa buddy! Here we go!

Kentchadze came to wrestle. That was definitely his 4 off sidakov’s shot.

We’re about to find out how much juice AIN has right now in this challenge.

Reactions: danoftw
1:45 left

Sidakov loses the challenge! Down 6-3 (and gave up a 4)

And as I say that he gets the quick 2. 6-5

Can't tell whether Takatani is that good or Chamizo lost a step but there were some amazing exchanges, as there usually is in a Chamizo match.

Sidakov Kentchadze was just as entertaining.

Reactions: jrod65 and vhsalum
Zain Richards is on deck on B, to face Aliabbas Rzazade (Azerbaijan), the European champ.

RIchards up 2-1 at break. Richards with a clean single and gave up a shot clock point.

3-2 Rzazade off two step-outs. Blood time.

Richards tries an arm spin with 15 seconds, misses completely, ruled a slip.

Richards can't score again and goes down 3-2. Rzazade's length gave Richards problem, he tried to go behind a few times and nothing worked.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw and hlstone
Ouch. ‘Best version’ of Zane is a loss in the 1st round. And no way the Azeri makes the finals.

Dammit Gilman…

Reactions: hlstone
Dake up on B v Evloev (TJK)

Dake gets a shot clock point and then finally takes a snatch single two minutes in. Seatbelt, looked to be going big, settled for the two. Trapped arm gut. 5-0.

Second period Dake finds himself in a weird scramble, gives up two, get the reverse. 6-2.

Clean single by Dake, plus exposure, 10-2 Dake.

Dake with another single, drives out of bounds and secures the TD. 12-2.

Last edited:
Anthony Valencia is up on Mat C vs Takatani, who beat Chamizo earlier. Interesting dynamic with Anthony going for Mexico and Zahid going for the US.

Valencia had gone up 5-2 but can't hold off Takatani, who goes up 6-5 at break.

Takatani finishes AV off with a four, 17-5. AV seemed to be favoring his right arm but was also noticeably gassed. Tried some genuinely weird things late, including something I'm finding hard to describe--AV kind of spun, fell on the mat, facing 180 degrees away from Takatani, who left all that alone. AV looked fllying squirrel but decided against it.

Last edited:
Anthony Valencia is up on Mat C vs Takatani, who beat Chamizo earlier. Interesting dynamic with Anthony going for Mexico and Zahid going for the US.

Valencia had gone up 5-2 but can't hold off Takatani, who goes up 6-5 at break.

It may surprise everyone to learn that Valencia looked great early, but gassed a minute in and couldn't be bothered to defend par terre

Chance is up on C vs Fetairia (ALG)

Chance up 4-2 after one. He's gotten to legs easily enough, scored twice, got exposed once.

Chance with a double out of bounds. Fetairia wants to challenge but I guess there's no challenge brick? It's a dumb challenge b/c Chance at least earned one. Challnege lost, 7-2.

And that's how it'll end. Real nice showing by Chance, who didn't beat Jordan Burroughs just to lose in the first round.

I'm seeing on Twitter that Algeria complained that Chance bit him but I didn't see that.

Last edited:
Chance wins 7-2 after the Algerian tried to stall by saying there was something wrong with his hand and then a challenge that he lost. Kudos to the ref for not letting him get away with it.

Reactions: mcpat and tikk10
Zahid v Azarpira (Iran) and the Iranian fans.

Gorgeous snapdown and go-behind, twice, by Zahid.

Zahid gives up a TD, and then goes for an inside trip, loses big, and then gives up two guts. 8-4 at the break. Zahid challenging a late no-call on his TD at the clock. Score will be 9-4 or 8-6, pending outcome.

Challenge lost but Zahid's corner saying they didn't challenge. Phantom challenge lost. 9-4.

Zahid with a TD plus a lace. 9-8. Wild match, make sure to watch this one.

Zahid with a shot, extended though; manages to suck in leg, gets the two plus a turn. Both guys gassed. It'll end 12-9. GREAT match.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT