ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Iowa match

Thomas Gillman thanks for the pep talk!

1. mike tognettiHR All-American
    NewYou should of talked to your teammates before you ran your mouth! LOL
Look at the post from Tognetti over on HR. This kind of banter makes me laugh.

That's why Iowa won't advance. There are not enough scorers. Gilman, Kemerer, Brooks. Who else? Sorensen is the most boring #2 in the country. He does nothing. Hoping Zain drops him.

Reactions: diggerpup
I hope Zain sticks Sorenson just out of principle. Or at least gets 4NF somewhere.

Notice Meyer constantly gives up an early TD to a shot to his legs, 15 sec into many matches.
Hope Morelli/Rasheed take notes.

Lot of close matches, but this entire meet is a snoozefest. We are so spoiled!!

What?

I see an Oklahoma State team that is clearly number one in the nation and can score points at every single weight class in St Louis.

Right now, Cowboys are the favorites to win it all, as THINGS STAND CURRENTLY.

Sam Stoll reminds me so much of Dustin Fox from Northwestern. Just an enormous, tough kid with absolutely no offense. I don't know if I've ever seen him take a shot.

Hats off to the Cowboys: No holes at all, will send ten, and will score points from all ten, and every one of the ten is the best option possible.

Favorites, clear cut.

this is absolutely awful. if this is the rule it needs changed.

change it to a 1pt pushout....this is awful

This dual had/has a lot of seeding implications. Sorensen may now slip to 4-5 (Collica now over him, maybe even Mayes, head to head vs Micah Jordan will be huge), which is bad for Iowa b/c Sorensen would see Zain in semis.

Clark was also hurt today for the same reason, now behind Brock and NaTo, head to heads vs Montoya and Richards now loom large.

Joe Smith also wanted a win today to avoid Nolf in semis, now looking up at Kemerer, Nolf, Berger.

This Stoll/Schafer bout is just a straight up sumo match. How are there no stalls on Stoll? He has literally not taken one offensive attempt beyond body lock and push out repeatedly. I don't even know if he's physically capable of dropping his level.

Edit: Offense was rewarded. Schafer wins.

Wow. 24-11. They left no doubt. Iowa still an EXCELLENT team, but this Oklahoma State team, well, they look like the best team in the nation.

Wow. 24-11. They left no doubt. Iowa still an EXCELLENT team, but this Oklahoma State team, well, they look like the best team in the nation.

I don't see it. They are a nice team but not with a lot of bonus point potential. They will win plenty of matches but we will beat them in March.

Hats off to the Cowboys: No holes at all, will send ten, and will score points from all ten, and every one of the ten is the best option possible.

Favorites, clear cut.
I didn't see the match so I can't put an opinion in, but from the postings that I read, the are very beatable. Are you being sarcastic or serious?

Favorites, clear cut.

Zzzzzzzzzzz.
Obviously don't know how tournament scoring works.

Listening to that stallfest today, Okie St needs a miracle to even have 2 NCAA finalists.

21 Guns crazy. We have 4 definite wins at 125, 149, 157 and 184. I think Nevills and Joseph and Cutch are tossups. I lean towards PSU at 165 and HWT and lean toward Okie state at 197. We are underdogs at 133, 141 and 174 but I don't see us giving bonus up and I'm sure we will get bonus somewhere. Worse case 5-5 split in dual and I can't see us being out bonused

I inquired about comparative scores, and he responded with "calm down". If you can't read, then that's YOUR prerogative.

Might benefit you to be a little more intelligent and honest, instead of trying to attack on a thread that has nothing to do with you in the first place.

Problem is, you don't even realize when you're being obnoxious. Pretty much everyone else recognized your "really" comment as what instigated the unpleasantness.

Good win for the Cowboys. No excuses. I want to be happy for Gilman, Kemerer and Brooks but i am dragged down by some bad loses by Clark(feel bad for him), Sorensen and Stoll. And how important is riding time? Yeesh. Comes down to a second or two sometimes. Lot to improve on all around.

This dual had/has a lot of seeding implications. Sorensen may now slip to 4-5 (Collica now over him, maybe even Mayes, head to head vs Micah Jordan will be huge), which is bad for Iowa b/c Sorensen would see Zain in semis.

Clark was also hurt today for the same reason, now behind Brock and NaTo, head to heads vs Montoya and Richards now loom large.

Joe Smith also wanted a win today to avoid Nolf in semis, now looking up at Kemerer, Nolf, Berger.
Collica is almost certainly now the #2 seed at nationals.

Even if Collica loses to Zain at NWCA Duals, hard to see how he drops below any of the other guys. He's already beaten Sorensen and Mayes, and the B10 runner-up will have min 2 losses.

Collica does get Mayes again, so there's hope, but otherwise his schedule is manageable. Lugo, Jeffries, Mendenhall are the only ranked wrestlers left.

Does the Mark Hall debate start again?!?? Mark already beat KC easily and would beat Myers. Not sure Morelli or Rasheed beat either wrestler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT