ADVERTISEMENT

US Open-Entries

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017
Flo has posted an entry list for Seniors, U20, and U17 which will be continuously updated. I just looked briefly and saw Kasak and Sealey listed at the U20 level. I’m hoping Levi, Barr, Facundo, BB, and SVN register as well. Do BB, Facundo, and SVN have U20 eligibility still? I’m assuming that Starocci and AB will be competing and hopefully RBY as well

I know Hayden Hidlay just did it for his final year but still surprising seeing him all the way down to 70kg from 174.

Reactions: moug
I just looked briefly and saw Kasak and Sealey listed at the U20 level. I’m hoping Levi, Barr, Facundo, BB, and SVN register as well. Do BB, Facundo, and SVN have U20 eligibility still? I’m assuming that Starocci and AB will be competing and hopefully RBY as well

Beau and Alex are eligible for Over 20. Not sure about Shayne.

Reactions: zzs006
Zack Ryder has registered at U17 80kg. Adam Waters has as well at the same weight. I know Waters was great this season as a freshman but can anyone tell me if they think he can give Ryder a match?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Zack Ryder has registered at U17 80kg. Adam Waters has as well at the same weight. I know Waters was great this season as a freshman but can anyone tell me if they think he can give Ryder a match?
Possibly. He was 3rd at 16U last year, and this year he 3x beat Garcia who placed at Fargo JR last year.

Reactions: zzs006
Interesting to note that Ryder is A) Able to make 176 still and B) Still U17 eligible after his junior year, so like Levi he’s young for his grade.

Wonder if the weight end up shaking out
174: Barr
184 Ryder
197: Mirasola
285: Mirasola

I know Hayden Hidlay just did it for his final year but still surprising seeing him all the way down to 70kg from 174.
Especially after his interview following NCAA where he seemed pretty matter of fact done wrestling. Glad he had a change of heart.

Reactions: creamery freak
Interesting to note that Ryder is A) Able to make 176 still and B) Still U17 eligible after his junior year, so like Levi he’s young for his grade.

Wonder if the weight end up shaking out
174: Barr
184 Ryder
197: Mirasola
285: Mirasola
Would need Sealey to be a career 157 under this scenario, which is possible. He's wrestling up at 74KG for juniors though.

Would need Sealey to be a career 157 under this scenario, which is possible. He's wrestling up at 74KG for juniors though.
I’m pretty sure Sealey is a 157 for at least the first few years. Really need him to be. If he can’t make 157 then things get interesting roster wise. I can’t wait to see him at the U20 level. His run at worlds last year at U17 was one of the most impressive I’ve seen at that level. Just absolutely dominated

I’m hoping and assuming Barr will register for U20 79kg. Rocco Welsh and Gabe Arnold are both registered already. Would love to see those 3 get after it.
Does anyone know who returns to the U17 level off the gold medal winning team from last year? Any of Lilledahl, Jax, Munaretto, Castillo, Larkin, McEnelly, and Hopke back? I know Sealey and Kasak are up at U20 while Ryder is still at U17. Also what level will Bassett be? I know him and Jax were freshman this year but also old for the grade. That U17 team was so good last year. I would think at least half move up to U20 but as a country we have improved so much at the youth levels I think we should contend for a title pretty much every year going forward

I’m hoping and assuming Barr will register for U20 79kg. Rocco Welsh and Gabe Arnold are both registered already. Would love to see those 3 get after it.
Does anyone know who returns to the U17 level off the gold medal winning team from last year? Any of Lilledahl, Jax, Munaretto, Castillo, Larkin, McEnelly, and Hopke back? I know Sealey and Kasak are up at U20 while Ryder is still at U17. Also what level will Bassett be? I know him and Jax were freshman this year but also old for the grade. That U17 team was so good last year. I would think at least half move up to U20 but as a country we have improved so much at the youth levels I think we should contend for a title pretty much every year going forward
Which one of them guys beat Basset for the team spot? Still cant believe he didnt make the team. Maybe this year.

Cody Chittum is registered for U20 70kg. Looks like 149 is a definite possibility for the upcoming season. He had been competing at 74kg in previous freestyle events which had many questioning if he is a 149 or 157 going forward

Cody Chittum is registered for U20 70kg. Looks like 149 is a definite possibility for the upcoming season. He had been competing at 74kg in previous freestyle events which had many questioning if he is a 149 or 157 going forward
He's been competing at 70 the entire time

Chittum can go whichever weight he wants and Siebrecht takes the other. Anthony Ferrari is a huge wildcard but seeing how when healthy Cobe already proved he was a legitimate Top 15 guy (and beat Will Lewan) who has bonus potential, not going to put a guy who hasn't wrestled in a few years over him.

Chittum can go whichever weight he wants and Siebrecht takes the other. Anthony Ferrari is a huge wildcard but seeing how when healthy Cobe already proved he was a legitimate Top 15 guy (and beat Will Lewan) who has bonus potential, not going to put a guy who hasn't wrestled in a few years over him.
Ferrari definitely should redshirt. Or at least redshirt until they pull it for no apparent reason halfway through the season. LOL.

Reactions: mcpat
a few new PSU related entries at U20.
57kg-Cael Nasdeo
61kg-Dalton Perry
65kg-Tyler Kasak
74kg-Joseph Sealey
79kg-Josh Barr
86kg-Connor Mirasola
92kg-Cole Mirasola

Some great possible matchups as well. At 79kg both Rocco Welsh and Gabe Arnold are registered. At 86kg there is Lenny Pinto and Clayton Whiting. At 65kg Koy Buesgens and Pierson Manville while 61kg is super deep with Kyler Larkin, Cael Hughes, Drew Gorman, Zan Fuggit, and Zeke Seltzer. 92kg has Gavin Nelson

Also just saw that Zack Ryder has M2 listed as his club in his U17 registration. Is this new?

Last edited:
Also just saw that Zack Ryder has M2 listed as his club in his U17 registration. Is this new?
I think it is new. As far as I know, he has always trained at the KD Training Center on Long Island. KD has no athletes registered for the Open (at least so far), which is kinda odd, maybe explains Ryder going under M2.

The very first U17 wrestler in Flo's list is Carter Chunko. Junior High must be hell for him.

• Haha
Reactions: CholleyVandine
I think it is new. As far as I know, he has always trained at the KD Training Center on Long Island. KD has no athletes registered for the Open (at least so far), which is kinda odd, maybe explains Ryder going under M2.

The very first U17 wrestler in Flo's list is Carter Chunko. Junior High must be hell for him.
Well, they could have named him Sue.

KD is in Yonkers, as an FYI. Little ways away from LI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT