ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus Illinois

Feels like Franklin makes the wrong decision 85% of the time.
Honestly, I've thought about the concept of a coach that asks Franklin what his first inclination is in these situations, and just do the opposite. If we enacted that strategy, I agree, it would be the right one 85% of the time

Reactions: Onionbelly
The problem with saying "the kicker isn't good" is that we will eventually need him to be good so you have to let him kick now or go to someone else. What happens if we need a FG to beat Ohio State--we just accept the loss?

And he's not going to get reliable unless he gets some kicks in during game pressure. Can't win the B10 without a FG kicker. Play him or play someone else.

Agree. Get him experience in kicking. If he’s unreliable then get a new kicker. The worst thing you can do is not trust him to kick yet not replace him either. Time for him to sink or swim.

Penn State gets another third down stop, this time sacking Altmyer on a play that Illinois clearly was never able on the same page with.

On the punt, it looks like Jalen Kimber is down with an injury near midfield. He walked off on his own power, looked to be a potential right foot issue.

The lack of consistency or logic is the hardest part with it.
He claims to use analytics but didn't do what I believe the analytics would have said on either decision tonight
You have no idea what you’re talking about, as usual. What did the analytics indicate? You don’t know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT