ADVERTISEMENT

Jax Forrest Thread

More sad than strange. Matter of time before we’re required to declare a pronoun in our username.
A one-time, single-use pronoun will have to be invented for @Cstroke , called . . . Cstroke. ;)

Just for future reference, my pronouns are “stud”, “stallion”, and “all-knowing, all-seeing Master of the Universe”.

Thank you for your cooperation!
I'm just misunderstood... Ms.Understud

Not if he’s been taking Weight Gain 4000

beefcake-eric-cartman.gif

Reactions: dbldoofus
If I was young again, if I did squats, I'd do mostly low weight, concentrating on good form, explosive eccentric phase and ATG for depth.

Instead, I was a dumbass, worried only about 1 rep max and now, occasionally an old injury will remind me of my youthful indiscretions,
I get what you're saying an basically agree, but I don't like that ATG thing for a few reasons. I prefer below parallel. Your form can still be crap with an excessive amount of knee flexion and for some their "ATG" might be barely below parallel. Imagine a person with thick calves and hamstrings.

I know you mean below parallel but there's an optimal depth for most of us and maybe a reason to go slightly above parallel . One example is someone without enough ankle and hip mobility flexibility. Overall I agree, my power lifting days ended 3 years ago at 58, so now I have to go lighter and try to keep muscle, strength, and mass and mobility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Spartan Combat Athletes:

Dake
Yianni
Vito
Carr
Bouzakis
Welker

DC and Welker's gear are in their respective schools colors. You can also make custom team gear.

All in all, I don't think this has a correlation with where Jax will ultimately commit.

Reactions: AtownPoke
I don’t think there is a chance Jax goes to Cornell but heck this could dirty the waters. If we don’t get him I would rather him at Cornell than OkState. They will stay harmless

Most us here are rooting for DT's success at Okie State, and with a fair amount of enthusiasm. When the reality becomes the object in the mirror is nearer than appears some of that enthusiasm will wane.
Count me as someone who wants Cael to piss pound him - with all due respect.

I think DT will do very well - and soon. In the poll, I saw him competing for titles within 2-3 years. I hope I am way wrong

I think DT will do very well - and soon. In the poll, I saw him competing for titles within 2-3 years. I hope I am way wrong
I am in your boat. I truly expect DT to elevate the Okie St to a level at or better than Smith had them at the beginning of Cael's run. They will again have individual champions, multiple finalists and I envision their good wrestlers wrestling with the aggressiveness of Dieringer versus Perry or Heil. However, there isn't anybody threatening the Lions' championship run in the near future. Six years down the road, DT could possibly have the Cowboys annoyingly close in that mirror.

I am in your boat. I truly expect DT to elevate the Okie St to a level at or better than Smith had them at the beginning of Cael's run. They will again have individual champions, multiple finalists and I envision their good wrestlers wrestling with the aggressiveness of Dieringer versus Perry or Heil. However, there isn't anybody threatening the Lions' championship run in the near future. Six years down the road, DT could possibly have the Cowboys annoyingly close in that mirror.
As long as Iowa is even further back, I'll be fine.

I am exactly here and Oklahoma State fans should know this is 100 times more respectful than the "Awwwww the bird has left the nest" narrative some fans are taking. We respect DT's coaching potential and acumen and know he's learned quite a bit. Thus, DT is viewed as threat.

None of our coaches released a statement wishing him the best. Similarly, DT just wrote a quicky "thanks PSU" and barely acknowledged Cael in his intro presser, why should he? There's no time for mushy feelings, we're adversaries now. They can be classy without all the publicity stunts. The level of competitive DT and Cael are is something we'll never fully grasp as regular people.

Honestly, our coaches priority after DT took the job was to make sure what's ours is ours (aka DT wasn't taking major contributors with him off our team or flipping commits)

Last edited:
Most us here are rooting for DT's success at Okie State, and with a fair amount of enthusiasm. When the reality becomes the object in the mirror is nearer than appears some of that enthusiasm will wane.

A reminder:

"If You Want to Be the Best in the World, You Come to Penn State"

David Taylor, April 2024.

100%. I'll be rooting for 60-0 when we wrestle him. When he wrestles Iowa, Ohio State, or Michigan I'll be happy for OK State to piss pound them.

When it comes to recruiting I don't want him winning one damn battle with Cael. After we fill up with who we want, he's welcome to clean everyone else's clock.

If he can't win a NC because Cael wins the next 10 straight and gets fired, so be it. I'll root for him to win one if he takes over here.

I don't want to give him one damn inch if it comes at PSU expense. Not one. I'll be happy for him to feast on others.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
100%. I'll be rooting for 60-0 when we wrestle him. When he wrestles Iowa, Ohio State, or Michigan I'll be happy for OK State to piss pound them.

When it comes to recruiting I don't want him winning one damn battle with Cael. After we fill up with who we want, he's welcome to clean everyone else's clock.

If he can't win a NC because Cael wins the next 10 straight and gets fired, so be it. I'll root for him to win one if he takes over here.

I don't want to give him one damn inch if it comes at PSU expense. Not one. I'll be happy for him to feast on others.
I have to say that I like it…. This is good bedrock for a very nasty rivalry. I really like you guys but I also love the idea of the melt down that will ensue

Obligatory:
conan-crush-the-enemies.gif

How do you know we aren't paying DT $1.5M to mess up your program permanently? Now that would be a machiavellian twist,
We don't need DT to mess up OK St. because we already have fans like you who wishes a #1/2 recruit Bassett go wrestle somewhere else other than PSU. Imagine if Bassett takes up on your offer and helps OK St win NT.... Talk about lack of self awareness.

We don't need DT to mess up OK St. because we already have fans like you who wishes a #1/2 recruit Bassett go wrestle somewhere else other than PSU. Imagine if Bassett takes up on your offer and helps OK St win NT....
I’m of the belief that Cael can beat almost everyone with their guys and his. Cael doesn’t need Bo imo. Hes actually the least intriguing prospect of the 3 young guns. He's a stud no doubt but he’s no where near a make or break for someone like Cael.

OSU is just hoping DT has the same ability to develop guys like Cael. If he does then we’ll see guys that were hoping for AA start pushing for NCs and runner up types should start winning. Can’t discount what hunger will do for a guy.

We don't need DT to mess up OK St. because we already have fans like you who wishes a #1/2 recruit Bassett go wrestle somewhere else other than PSU. Imagine if Bassett takes up on your offer and helps OK St win NT.... Talk about lack of self awareness.
If my internet opinions trigger you that much, your issues go beyond this forum. My advice is to not let people trigger you. It's a bad look. ;)

An essential quality of group think; harass those with divergent opinions.
A "group think" like 1985 and Goggles (and apparently you too) to sabotage Penn State wrestling program? Yes, my opinion is definitely a divergent from them and proud of it.

Reactions: KCLion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT