ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Navy Match Thread

Byers said new process for deciding starting weight class:

• Whatever weight both coaches agree to
• If they don't agree, they flip a coin and winner picks the weight

Navy won the flip today and picked 141. If I had my druthers, there would never be a coin flip -- just let the home team choose every time. Make it a part of home-mat advantage, in case there were ever a need for some strategery with the lineup. Could only help to make duals more interesting.

Lee-Trybus
1st- Lee goes Hi-C/Head Outside Single, scores, and cuts. 2-1. Ends up going feet-to-back, catching Trybus out of position for 2+2. Works crossface and bar but no turn. Period ends 6-1.
2nd- Lee starts on bottom and immediately reverses Navy. Cuts and gets another takedown. 10-2. Lee locks a nearside cradle up but they go OOB. Lee cuts him with a minute left. Hits a basic front head go-behind 12-3, plus a second stall warning for 13-3.
3rd- Navy takes bottom, works up, and Lee lets him out only to take him down a fifth time with a HO Single. 15-4. Cuts him. Shit, this is difficult.

Moral of the story is that Nick Lee went armbar and inched him over for a fall! Wee-hoo!

You could just see Lee trying to bait him for a cradle as he released him, ala Nolf. I'm thinking the entire country is wise to that move by now.

Gardner-Park
1st- Nice Head Inside single and wrap both legs up for a 2-0 lead in relatively short time. Navy works up and out for the escape. Gardner gets in, but Park looking to funk roll. Nothing doing, Gardner scores anyway. 4-1. Gardner locks up a cradle and rolls over his own back to take him over. FALL! PIN BABY, PIN!

Byers said new process for deciding starting weight class:

• Whatever weight both coaches agree to
• If they don't agree, they flip a coin and winner picks the weight

Navy won the flip today and picked 141. If I had my druthers, there would never be a coin flip -- just let the home team choose every time. Make it a part of home-mat advantage, in case there were ever a need for some strategery with the lineup. Could only help to make duals more interesting.

I'd rather have a randomly selected start for all matches.

Gardner-Park
1st- Nice Head Inside single and wrap both legs up for a 2-0 lead in relatively short time. Navy works up and out for the escape. Gardner gets in, but Park looking to funk roll. Nothing doing, Gardner scores anyway. 4-1. Gardner locks up a cradle and rolls over his own back to take him over. FALL! PIN BABY, PIN!
Damn!!! Pins for everyone

Gardner-Park

giphy.gif

Pipher ride out the entire 2nd period. Damn.

Up 5-4 and he has RT.

Now Pipher on bottom in 3rd, riding under 1:00 now . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT