ADVERTISEMENT

Football Michigan defeats Penn State, 24-15

Go for two in the first half, stunt your momentum going into the locker room, then play the second half pressed to make up for the failure.

It is that kind of stupidity, on top of an offense that looks like it spends its practice time on trick plays, that frustrates us.

There are a lot of good and talented kids on this team, most especially Drew Allar, who deserve better.
I agree with the talented kids part and Allar.

Sometimes the other guy is just better than you.

If our regular plays worked consistently we wouldn’t run trick plays.

The 2 pt garbage just seems to be a loser mentality.

There’s a difference between a calculated play you feel should work based on an observed weakness and a guessed at sloppy try.

I remember a time when I actually believed PSU could win one of these games. Sadly those days are gone.
PSU needed a TO. A score on special teams or by the defense but that didn't happen.

The UM sign stealer is unemployed. Maybe MY needs to give him a call for the bowl opponent.

Not banging on him - it's only his first year starting, but Drew has to play lightyears better than that if we're going to win that type of game. He had a really bad game - even on the flair passes, he was so inaccurate that the receivers had to go to great efforts just to catch the ball, had zero momentum in the direction the play was supposed to go and the defense had tons of time to adjust to what is supposed to be a "quick hitter".

Did I miss all of our easy swing passes to backs in order to get Allar in a rhythm?
Or a screen pass this season that actually either was tried or worked? As bad as many JVP offenses were, we could dump screen passes until the cows came home most seasons. Guess that is not enough of a trick play for this staff.

No chance. We are what we are. Not good enough to beat great teams but way too good to lose to the 10 cupcakes on the schedule. 3rd in the East.

We’ll see. Feels like a let down opportunity against a Rutgers team that’s riding a great season (for them).

Did I miss all of our easy swing passes to backs in order to get Allar in a rhythm?
Or a screen pass this season that actually either was tried or worked? As bad as many JVP offenses were, we could dump screen passes until the cows came home most seasons. Guess that is not enough of a trick play for this staff.

Have we attempted a screen this season?

So after 10 years, Franklin’s record against Ohio State and Michigan now stands at:

- 1-9 vs Ohio State
- 3-7 vs Michigan

- 4-16 overall, (.200).

Not banging on him - it's only his first year starting, but Drew has to play lightyears better than that if we're going to win that type of game. He had a really bad game - even on the flair passes, he was so inaccurate that the receivers had to go to great efforts just to catch the ball, had zero momentum in the direction the play was supposed to go and the defense had tons of time to adjust to what is supposed to be a "quick hitter".

Early in the season Drew demonstrated that he could make every throw, and do it accurately. Touch throws and accurate bullets.

This is now a mental problem and we have seen it before at PSU. This offense in particular looks like a Chinese fire drill. What is the common denominator? What causes a prospect to get worse AFTER they come to the table?

So after 10 years, Franklin’s record against Ohio State and Michigan now stands at:

- 1-9 vs Ohio State
- 3-7 vs Michigan

- 4-16 overall, (.200).

As for recruiting for the past ten years, I'd say it is Ohio State >> Penn State > Michigan.

Reactions: manilion
Early in the season Drew demonstrated that he could make every throw, and do it accurately. Touch throws and accurate bullets.

This is now a mental problem and we have seen it before at PSU. This offense in particular looks like a Chinese fire drill. What is the common denominator? What causes a prospect to get worse AFTER they come to the table?
The staff definitely broke him mentally. You can see that on even simple bubble screens. He's in his head terrified of turning the ball over.

For those of you younger PSU fans. This program was a very competitive program with the elite programs in college football in the distant past. Teams used to have to play their best to beat us. Our QBs were not four and five stars but were mear game managers. We played sound fundamental football had great RB and the coaches seldom made bad decision when managing a game. JF has done what sanctions couldn’t. He has made this program irrelevant on the national stage. I’ve never seen a worse offense in blue and white. I long for the good old days.

I remember a time when I actually believed PSU could win one of these games. Sadly those days are gone.
I was thinking the same. It’s been a long time since we played these type games where you really looked forward to it and Penn State played really well.

The drop off is huge but people have become used to it and just make excuses now.

Reactions: Grass and johnmpsu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT