ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus Illinois

That call was wrong.

To be a PF the defender would need to intentionally run into the other player.

No matter what they say on TV that was the wrong call.

The ref must have seen it as intentional. It wasn't. The defender didn't even see the receiver until he was upon him.

Not a personal foul because he didn't block him.
Rewatch it. Rojas saw him and lowered his shoulder into the WR.

That call was wrong.

To be a PF the defender would need to intentionally run into the other player.

No matter what they say on TV that was the wrong call.

The ref must have seen it as intentional. It wasn't. The defender didn't even see the receiver until he was upon him.

Not a personal foul because he didn't block him.
Again, it wasn't wrong--you dislike the rule
It was 100% intentional as well

It’s like this D has been told to be ultra aggressive but not been coached on how to do it leading to penalties left and right.

Illinois 1 penalty for 5 yards... PSU 3 for 45.... LMFAO. Amazing how clean these visiting teams play in Beaver Stadium with b1g clown crews - to date that would be a total of 5 penalties for 43 yards versus 17 penalties for 186 yards for PSU... .

I am getting impatient with Tom Allen. Defense making the same mistakes all year, and they are correctable mistakes.

Tom Allen was horrible as a coach at Indiana. I don’t know how he was hired as a DC. He doesn’t make any adjustments until halftime and that will kill this team this year IMO.

Reactions: NC2017
Rewatch it. Rojas saw him and lowered his shoulder into the WR.

Yes. As the wr was within a foot of him.

Which is how someone would as a defender deal with a guard pulling.

That's how a defender reacts to a guy coming at you from the side.

Which is different from intentionally blocking a guy.

He saw a wr coming at him from the corner of his eye. Which is what offensive players do to block defenders when they run the ball.

You have to stop--it was 100% a penalty as explained--hate the rule and none of us are going to argue with you but the call was correct as much as you hate that reality
Just like Illinois fans are complaining about the intentional grounding call that was correct despite the rule being questionable.

7-7 at the half is fine--we'll probably win by 10
The opening drive by the defense wasn't great and they have to be more disciplined
The offense is just missing--the run game should be featured heavily on the opening drive

Reactions: RickinDayton

He saw a wr coming at him from the corner of his eye. Which is what offensive players do to block defenders when they run the ball.
Agree, Rojas was getting to the football. There was an offensive player in his way and he ran him over. That what you do. Some of these guys never put on a helmet.

Reactions: GSPMax
Unless he went for it and didn’t make it then we’d be reading how he never learns and he needs to quit looking at the analytics.
My only issue is him punting goes against his claim he uses analytics. I just want consistency. I'd have punted.

This not a playoff type team let’s face it we are not very good at this point and I doubt we are going to improve all that much as the season goes on

Unless he went for it and didn’t make it then we’d be reading how he never learns and he needs to quit looking at the analytics.
I’d be perfectly fine with the decision if we’d have gotten stopped. Sure, some oldenheimers would have cried, but no one cares about their opinion, anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT