ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus Illinois

So we have this reallllyyy long clock-eating drive that ends with 0 points. That just plays right into Bielema’s hands.

Yep. 3 PSU drives in the entire first half and there’s 2 min to go. Just 3 possessions shortens the game and keeps Illinois in it.

Can’t be missing FGs leaving points on the field and then allow Illinois big plays to keep drives alive. Illinois has shortened the game and PSU is playing right into Bielema’s hands so far.

Another penalty! This defense is so hard to like...most are just a bunch of undisciplined idiots.

Reactions: b&w1987
2022 was a likeable team...Clifford and Tig Brown as the leader. Last year stunk and this season has a bunch of freelancers who care about style

Interested to see the seocnd half pass defense adjustments for Penn State because Illinois cant run the ball at all today outside the one 34-yard run by Feagin.

If Rojas wants to light up a receiver he would have turned towards him and pancaked him. Not brushed him off while trying to get to the guy running the ball.

You say some really stupid $hit sometimes.
Again, I'm not--see the ref explaining the call--live I knew it was a penalty before there was a flag--that would always be called.

I am getting impatient with Tom Allen. Defense making the same mistakes all year, and they are correctable mistakes.

Reactions: psu00
It was a pathetic call on Rojas. The kid is trying to get to QB who is running for a first down. The WR got into lane as he was charging. He hit on shoulder to get by him and kid was not ready for hit. Is this football anymore? JFC

I get why everyone hates the rules but both calls here were correct. The hit on Rojas and the intentional grounding

It was a pathetic call on Rojas. The kid is trying to get to QB who is running for a first down. The WR got into lane as he was charging. He hit on shoulder to get by him and kid was not ready for hit. Is this football anymore? JFC

That call was wrong.

To be a PF the defender would need to intentionally run into the other player.

No matter what they say on TV that was the wrong call.

The ref must have seen it as intentional. It wasn't. The defender didn't even see the receiver until he was upon him.

Not a personal foul because he didn't block him.

Reactions: m.knox
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT