ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State defeats Illinois, 30-13

Deep breaths, folks. Penn State has played two poor quarters out of ten this season. The offensive line definitely should be a concern based on today. I think Penn State will still win this game around 31-17 or so.

Very few teams in college football truly dominate week in and week out. Right now, they're called Georgia.

Wisconsin is tied 7-7 at half with GA Southern so I guess it could be worse. But very disappointing 1st half so far.

Deep breaths, folks. Penn State has played two poor quarters out of ten this season. The offensive line definitely should be a concern based on today. I think Penn State will still win this game around 31-17 or so.

Very few teams in college football truly dominate week in and week out. Right now, they're called Georgia.
The whole OL is struggling, especially right side. Wallace and Worley have been swinging gates or have been bull rushed back onto the QB. Unacceptable. Where are Vega and Shelton?

Wisconsin is tied 7-7 at half with GA Southern so I guess it could be worse. But very disappointing 1st half so far.
FSU is up 17-10 on Boston College. A Boston College team is among the worst in Power Five. It could always be worse. The defense outside one drive off a blocked kick has been very good.

The offense has looked bad for all of two quarters this season.

5 O Coordinators
3 O Line coaches
2 strength coaches

Have never been good in the trenches. It has to be a Franklin issue

Reactions: scrivener
I see an overall lack of discipline as the common denominator of this game.

Lack of discipline and accountability. KLS takes a stupid penalty and stays in the next play. That’s not out of Joe’s, Bear’s or any other coach’s playbook.

Great drive with under a minute. Allar pass to Clifford his best throw yet. Need more timing plays like that.

Get the ball to start 2nd half. Need to come out and put points on the board.

Don't get me wrong, Penn State's offense has not been good today, but if the Nittany Lions make some adjustments offensively, they'll win this game 31-14 or so.

Penn state won't face too many defensive lines that are better this year than Illinois. Newton might be the best single defensive lineman in the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT