ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State Football versus Kent State

That's two straight games they aren't ready to play. Inexcusable. You only have 12 damn days and there's no reason in hell you can't get ready to play all 12.
Glad I can't watch the game. Don't have BTN. Seems like this team continually struggles to come ready to play. Too many penalties. This team does not deserve a Top 10 ranking. Lack urgency.

Reactions: scrivener
Lol our OL is either struggling or the WRs can't get open. Not surprised in the least

Glad I can't watch the game. Don't have BTN. Seems like this team continually struggles to come ready to play. Too many penalties. This team does not deserve a Top 10 ranking. Lack urgency.

After the game, we know the opening line.."we appreciate winning around here." It's ridiculous.

This defense seems to lack IT. I don’t know if it’s the absence of an all American safety or the razor thin depth at LB. But it just doesn’t feel like it can hold up against top competition as the season progresses.

I don’t need to see Pribula again this season unless it’s garbage time. I hate this backup gimmicky offense Franklin has loved in his time here. Don’t take the ball out of Allar’s hands. Unless it’s Warren bulldozing.
That's a dumb take

That's two straight games they aren't ready to play. Inexcusable. You only have 12 damn days and there's no reason in hell you can't get ready to play all 12.

And that was a hell of an offensive series...........

I mean, we're obviously going to win but this was literally supposed to be a live practice against a team that lost to St Francis (losing to Eastern Michigan 29-0 in the 3rd) so while "a win is a win is a win" some things need to change

This is certaintly one of the those games that the scoreboard is a bit decepting. Penn State is on pace for prboably about 500 yards of total offense in this game, should be 14-0 but that poor Pribula play call in the first certainly hurting. Kent State is only averaging 2.9 yards per carry as well.

This is certaintly one of the those games that the scoreboard is a bit decepting. Penn State is on pace for prboably about 500 yards of total offense in this game, should be 14-0 but that poor Pribula play call in the first certainly hurting. Kent State is only averaging 2.9 yards per carry as well.
There's not much spin that's going to work after watching Pitt score 50 against them, St Francis beat them and the Tennessee scoring 60 I think in the first half. We have to be better than this against a team that is pathetic.

Rinse and repeat...same story all the time.

There's not much spin that's going to work after watching Pitt score 50 against them, St Francis beat them and the Tennessee scoring 60 I think in the first half. We have to be better than this against a team that is pathetic.
Not trying to spin it, all I'm saying is let's see how the next 8 minutes go in this first half . Penn State was never going to put up Tennessee numbers. Kent State being forced to almsot exclusviely run the ball is also going to shorten this game down quite a bit. BUt please, don't try to throw this 'spin' stuff around. We give objective, BS free takes on here.

Reactions: GSPMax
What was Clemson beating NC State by at the end of the 1st quarter? They also had a bye, so I’m just a little concerned about this slow start.

Not trying to spin it, all I'm saying is let's see how the next 8 minutes go in this first half . Penn State was never going to put up Tennessee numbers. Kent State being forced to almsot exclusviely run the ball is also going to shorten this game down quite a bit. BUt please, don't try to throw this 'spin' stuff around. We give objective, BS free takes on here.
They needed to put up comparable numbers to Tennessee--not 60 in a half but the game needed to be four scores or more by the half.
I'm not saying you're not being objective. I think you all do a great job. But the yardage isn't enough here. We have to execute better.
So far--this has not been acceptable

They needed to put up comparable numbers to Tennessee--not 60 in a half but the game needed to be four scores or more by the half.
I'm not saying you're not being objective. I think you all do a great job. But the yardage isn't enough here. We have to execute better.
So far--this has not been acceptable.
Are you including the fact that Kent State is draining the play clock and only running the ball? They have nearly 10 minutes of TOP on 16 plays. Combine that with the fact Penn State doesn't have the explosive passing attack of Tennessee and that's how you get to a now 14-0 lead.

So far--this has not been acceptable
This. We came out sloppy again...stupid penalties...an INT, and just sluggish. The problem is it's not surprising.

Great to get a 2nd TD, but sad to have to break out a play where Warren throws to Singleton to get it against the worst team in the country.............

USC getting their ' welcome to the BIG10' from the officials today. Facemask penalty when USC's QB sacked and blatant holding on a Michigan td run, both not called.

Are you including the fact that Kent State is draining the play clock and only running the ball? They have nearly 10 minutes of TOP on 16 plays. Combine that with the fact Penn State doesn't have the explosive passing attack of Tennessee and that's how you get to a now 14-0 lead.
Yes, playing Beau today on that drive was unacceptable. Completely unacceptable
Kent State went 4 and out on their first 5 possessions against Tennessee--our defense should be better than that especially without their starting QB.
4 drives--14 points. Not acceptable.
We have too many penalties and simply aren't dominating even defensively against a run only offense as you point out
You're telling me you're happy with this performance? Objectively?

That was clearly Targeting on Warren - he was in the act of catching the ball and defender hit him directly in head (clearly part of "head & neck area" for a Defenseless Player) - no flag from b1g clowns despite it being a beyond obvious Personal Foul (but somehow managed to see facemasking on PSU when grabbing helmet opening is not facemasking or a penalty of any kind.).

Reactions: jjw165
No sense arguing with these fools.

Reactions: GSPMax
Also they've thrown the ball 6 times now out of 17 plays only competing one and we're still not forcing 3 and outs consistently--that's on us.

You know, it looks like we have a pretty mediocre team. The lack of quality tackling, Tom Allen not scheming guys in the right spot, and the underwhelming receiving corps will probably lead to 3 or 4 losses this year.

Yes, playing Beau today on that drive was unacceptable. Completely unacceptable
Kent State went 4 and out on their first 5 possessions against Tennessee--our defense should be better than that especially without their starting QB.
4 drives--14 points. Not acceptable.
We have too many penalties and simply aren't dominating even defensively against a run only offense as you point out
You're telling me you're happy with this performance? Objectively?
The Beau play call and intereception was bad, yes and it completely changes how many look at this quarter to be honest. Without the interception, they're probably up 21-0 with a chance to be up 28-0 before halftime. But yeah, eating up five mintues of clock to get nothing is going to hurt the cscoreboard. Outside of that, pass protection obviously hasn't been good considering the talent on the other side. Outside of that, it's a fine performance. Drew is being efficient, the rushing attack especially Singleton is strong. Kent State's offense is having almost no success outside of 1 or 2 plays.

But the interception is obviously bad and have to clean up the penalties.

I literally haven't complained about anything with this team in 2 years. Not anything--even the bad losses to Ohio State and Michigan but after BGSU and a bye the expectations needed to be higher than up 14-0 with 3 minutes left against Kent State and their backup QB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT